Friday, April 30, 2010

Someone likes me.... Really!

I blog for two reason. It beats reading books in the bathroom...did I just say that out loud.

Okay, let's start over.. There are 3 reasons I blog. The first, I just mentioned.

Secondly, I love my family and the crazy things that happen around here. Because someday, when my kids are all grown, they are going to say, "Mom, do you remember when...what was that, Mom?  Yes, I am your son. Your third son. The one that you pushed the piano on. Yes, its me, Mom."

You see, by the time I reach that age (whatever age that is), I will have forgotten all the funny stories, all the funny things that they did, what our life was like. This blog gives me an outlet for later embarrassing my children journaling our lives together.

I also enjoy blogging because it is fun. I get to put my silly, twisted humor out there...and I can laugh at myself. When I decided to go public, I wasn't sure anyone would like reading my story, much less think that I was funny. I blog, I laugh, my hubby laughs, my kids laugh...and that was the extent of my expectations.

Now, I have received another Sunshine award and I really do feel honored. Heidi over at  With Thankful Hearts thinks I am funny. No, I didn't give her any money yet. On her own accord while I was twisting her arm!! You should visit her blog. She is very inspiring and is just a good person. Thanks, Heidi, for being my friend.

So, now for the confessions. I stalk people. A lot of people.  Here is the list from a couple weeks ago. And here are a few more people that I stalk, and who I believe are definitely deserving of this award. So consider yourselves Sunshined.

This Blessed Life
Happy...Most of the Time
Cowboy Botts & Baby Booties

Good Day, Regular People
Life with a LIttle One and More

Pass on the Sunshine, peeps. Thanks again Heidi!!

12 comments:

stephanie said...

awww.... why thank you!

and i'll pass the compliment on to my children who are simply the best suppliers of blog fodder ever! :)

Alexandra said...

Thank you so much!! What a nice surprise!!! You know how to make a girl feel good.

And I'd come here everyday, with or without the sunshine award! You are so my people..

One Photo said...

Congratulations on the award! Well deserved, now I have to check out the blogs I don't already follow in your list

Unknown said...

You ARE funny. just happened on you from Denton Sanatorium. And two Sunshine awards? I am officially impressed.

Thanks for the laugh today--especially your son biting his toenails.

(for the record, people would tell me that I looked just like my dad, too... except I was 16! not good)

Unknown said...

You are SO welcome! Seriously, you have made me laugh so many times I couldn't give out this award without mentioning you.

Have a blessed weekend!
~H

Tiffany said...

You totally just made my day!!! Thanks so much for mentioning and reading my blog. What a wonderful blogging world this is.
Have a great day!

Teachinfourth said...

Congrats on your award. It's always nice to fill others' lives with a little bit of something great.

Kellie said...

Your blog is hilarious! Thanks for stopping by:)

Tylaine said...

Hey thanks for stopping by my blog. Your blog is too funny! I love the Married a Deaf Man series! :)
Congrats on your award! :)
and such a cute photo of your kids...love how they're laying

Nolie said...

You have another award over at my place. Your Award

Nolie said...

Someone else really loves you. I chose you to be featured as the blog of the week. If you would like to display the button for it you can save it from here.

Jenners said...

Well, I love blogging but I'm horrible at passing along awards but I truly sincerely thank you for thinking of me.

And blogging about your family is such a great way to keep those memories that you THINK you will always remember intact ... because now I realize I won't remember all the silly cute things and a blog captures that in a wonderful way. Plus you get to realize that your kids aren't the ONLY horrible ones out there!!! HAHA! : )