I used to think that a clean house= a good mom. Ummm I have since unlearned that. If I want to have a spic-and-span house, then I have to ignore my children. I have learned that ignoring children= messier house, restless children and blue marker drawings on the wall. I am a much better mom when I let a few things go, a few of the less important things, so that I can enjoy my children.
I have unlearned 4th grade math. That or I have blocked it out of my memory. I'm not sure the difference between a line segment and a ray and no longer know how to figure out the mean, mode or medium of a set of numbers. Thank heavens for Google.
When in high school, I used to believe that you needed to shave your legs every other day. I have unlearned that rule and am lucky if my legs get
I apparently have unlearned that chocolate does NOT help with a diet. It seems to be the first thing I try to give up, but somehow makes its way back into my bag, nightstand, car, etc. Darn you, chocolate!!
I used to think that all markers would come off of human skin with soap. I have since UNlearned that...thanks to my four year old who has been determined to have permanent black lines running up and down his arms and legs. I am actually pretty amazed that he hasn't gotten ink poisoning.
I learned growing up, watching my dad, than men are the door lockers. They are the protectors. Well, I have had a hard time unlearning this one. I have become the door locker. If it were in my hubby's hands, we would be robbed clean, each of our children kidnapped and he and I murdered in our sleep. I can't tell you how many times in the beginning of our marriage that I would lie in bed, wondering if things were locked, only to get up and find NOTHING locked. So I am now the door locker, the protector. I am woman, hear me roar!!!
I have learned that a good bra DOESN'T last forever. I'm just saying! Unlearned that one today. (Too Much Information? So sorry. I have to stop doing that.)
I have unlearned that sandpaper is just for wood. It works wonders on my heels when I go for a pedicure. The first time I saw them pull the machine out, I wasn't sure what was going to happen. I was regretting not shaving my legs.
I unlearned that a strong woman doesn't need help. Oh, yes, I have UN-learned that the hard way. I am learning my limits and once I have reached them, I have to get help somewhere: a friend, minute maids,
The scriptures say, "To be learned is good.." But I also think that to be UN-learned can also be just as good.
What have you UN-learned??
This post is inspired my Mama's Losin' It's Writer's Workshop.
9 comments:
about shaving legs...i found that if i shave one leg one day and the other another i'm saving time in the shower!
as for un-learning...i let it go having my kids drink after me...a little backwash of food never hurt anybody! :o)
I read these prompts and couldn't think of anything I'd "unlearned." I think you're quite clever.
I guess I've unlearned that I always have to be right, just because I'm the mom. Sometimes those little buggers can have a good point, and I need to give in. Darn it!
I love the un-learned about what a 6 month old is supposed to be doing. I still forget with my 5th what the others were doing at her age. . .is she supposed to be all the way potty-trained? I'm just glad that most nights she sleeps in her own bed!
I also recently had issues with a bra. . .my husband looked over at me in the car and said "what are you doing?". . .those little underwires hurt when they are digging to sensitive flesh!
OMG Your post had me and a couple girls at the office laughing so hard and saying YEP, I UNlearned that too!!!
And that chocolate thing....yeah...umm we're working on that one!
Dropping by and wanted to thank you for dropping by my blog, as well as for your kind words. :-)
Also wanted to say that I love your post! Shaving legs... being the one to make sure the house is locked up... Yes! I had to agree with SO MUCH of this! LOL
Will definitely be following you in the future! Maybe our minds will run into one another... Mine is currently in warm climes, sipping on Pina Coladas, enjoying the cool breezes. lol
It's amazing what kids will teach you ... or, I mean unlearn you, isn't it!
Loved this! Though chocolate ... I can't quit you. It can't be done. And my husband is a compulsive locker upper ... almost to the point of paranoia. And shaving legs ... doesn't happen AT ALL in the winter for me!! : )
Thanks for your visit ... you crack me up!
That was so great! I rarely shave my legs anymore either...maybe we can start a group :) Thanks for visiting me!
I love this...the more I have , the less I know. So dang true.
Post a Comment