There are those days when the To-Do list seems to go on and on...
* Do the laundry
* 15 minutes in the garage aka black hole
* Fold the heap of laundry that keeps traveling from my bed to the basket, only to return to the bed the next morning and then the basket again.
* Dust...oh yeah, Dust
* My garden...of weeds....needs to be turned into a garden of plenty.
* Shower (Why isn't this at the top of the list? Note to self, fix the To-Do list.)
* Call a bunch of people to take care of a bunch of things that they will not be able to help me with, but I must call them to check them off the list.
You know those days.
But today, I sit. I sit and I rock my two little sick boys. They alternate who is fevering and who is drugged up and feeling well enough to play around a little.
So I sit, and rock and savour this time...because I know it won't always be this way.
My list can wait. My laundry may walk itself out the door, but good riddens. The black hole isn't getting any smaller and the heap on my bed makes for some good exercise at night.
But for now I will rock my little men to their hearts' desires for it fills my heart to do it.
(Plus I get to watch that tv show that I swore I would stop watching but now I have the time to watch.)
4 comments:
i had 7 loads yesterday and 3 today...laundry is not my friend...
in fact i think there is a load that's been sitting in the dryer...i just keep restarting it to fluff...hoping the laundry fairy will fold it and put it away..ive yet to see her!
Divulge--what's the show?
Haha...Brothers and Sisters AND Grey's Anatomy
Snuggling is the best part of kids being sick, but I still would rather have them well. I gets nuts when they get sick. I'm a worrier.
Post a Comment