Don't you just love going to the park on a nice springy afternoon? I do too! Yesterday was no different. I dropped off two of my kids to piano lessons, picked up the teachers two kids and headed to the park for an hour. Love it!!
When I got to the park and looked around I was saddened. Oh, don't worry. The swings and slides and playground equipment were all still there. I was saddened when I saw this:
Why would anyone want to put graffiti at a park where little children play! Does it make them feel powerful, like they rule the playground? Perhaps childhood scars are hard to heal? But the more I looked, the more I saw...
It seemed to be everywhere. And it seemed to be multiplying...even while we were there. What kind of people write on playground equipment?
What? Wait a minute...
That looks a little juvenile...not that writing on something other than paper for fun is mature, but something about it was familiar.
Oh. My. Goodness.
Oh yes. Apparently my son is the type of person who finds joy in destroying public property. Oh, they are starting younger and younger...
Big sigh......Guess what we get to do this Saturday. It is a trip to the park. Only this time instead of a marker, we have this in hand:
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

8 comments:
I have little "H"s written all over my house in permanent marker from Hyrum. Whoever thought teaching a three-year-old to write was stupid. Oh, that was me.
Glad it wasn't at the park. But I would bring Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser. It works on ANYTHING. Even Sharpie on white cabinets.
Oh no!! I guess all permanent marker pens are now banned from your house and home! Here in the US I have to say you are all so lucky, as you rarely see graffiti in parks, recreation areas etc whereas in England is it EVERYWHERE, which is horrible.
If I lived nearby I'd offer to come and help with the clean up - my daughter loves any activity involving soapy water!
Oh My God! That is all I can say. Hope he likes cleaning.
Oh, no! Well, lesson learned hopefully.
PS: I live in England and it's beautiful where I am. No graffiti.
at first i was like ohhh nooooo
then i busted out laughing! i mean not at your cleaning the playground...ha ha but well there's his talent...artist!!!
you should see what my budding 19m old artist did to our couch w/a ball point pen! i was gonna blog later
btw that last comment took me 4 tries...obviously i can't read those code words to type in to get my comment published ha ha
this is SO funny. i mean, probably because it wasn't my kid.
but even if it were, at least it always makes for a good blog story, right? :)
Let the punishment fit the crime. Glad you're making him take responsibility.
Post a Comment