Tuesday, April 6, 2010

You're Welcome


Everyone is NOT welcome in my bed...Sorry...not a good idea
BUT you are welcome to sleep on the hard floor if you like.

Everyone is NOT welcome in the bathroom while I am using it!
But you are welcome to sit outside the door and cry and scream and kick the door all you like.

Everyone is NOT welcome in the bath at the same time..BIG mess!
But you can be the first in the bath and get the hot water or you can complain and be the last one and get cold, dirty water.

Everyone is NOT welcome to join  in the pot banging that I got out to distract baby and now is giving me a headache.
But you are welcome to sit in the chair over there with duct tape over your mouth and listen to what quiet sounds like.

Everyone is NOT welcome to eat the gum and other goodies that are hidden in my bag.
But I can tell you where your sister's stash is.

Everyone is not welcome to throw things when they have to turn off the Star Wars Wii game.
But you are welcome to go outside and move those 20 bricks across the yard...and then move them back.

Everyone is NOT welcome to wear MY socks because they can't find their own socks.
BUT you are welcome to learn how to do your own laundry...now there is an idea!

Everyone is NOT welcome to complain about the green stuff we are having for dinner.
BUT you are all welcome clean up while I sit on my tush and watch a little Glenn Beck.

Everyone is NOT going to love you as much as I do
BUT they would be foolish not to...

You are Welcome here! Always welcome here!

6 comments:

Helene said...

This post is awesome!!!! I love it!!! You are so right about how they find the energy to throw things back and forth but yet when I ask them to do something as simple as throw their clothes in the laundry, they suddenly lack the energy to get up from the sofa.

stephanie said...

ha ha! i think i'll print this out and post it in my house. so true!

Anonymous said...

That was really very cool.

My kids get keys to unlock the bathroom door when I am in it. Can't they just wait!

Unknown said...

Are you living at my house?

I hate that I can't even use the bathroom in peace. It makes me crazy. How old do kids have to be before I can take my time and enjoy the 2 minutes of utter silence?

And I'm sick of cooking nice meals and listening to them complain about the veggies, etc. and "mom, how many more bites do I have to take," blah blah blah. ARGH!

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

I love this. Few of the things my boys already outgrew, but many remain the same,lol.

Tracie said...

Genius! At my house everyone IS NOT welcome to complain about the 2 inches of dust and grime covering every horizontal surface in the house. They are welcome to get out the cleaning supplies and remedy the situation.