It all started last year...at the age of 9. My son comes home, crying.
"What is the matter?" I asked, very concerned.
"She is moving. She is moving to Scotland and I will never see her again. And I didn't even have her sign my Autograph book" he sobbed.
It turns out, to his relief, that she didn't move. And when he walked into his literacy class, there she sat, in all her beauty. Every day he sits by and partners with this little girl.
Then about 3 months ago he asks me, "Mom, how old do you have to be to kiss someone?"
"Ummmm. You need to love the person before you kiss them," I replied, hoping that would satisfy his curiosity.
"But I do love her. I loved her from the moment I first saw her." he stated.
"Well, then...not until you can drive."
Yesterday he walks in the door, all dreamy eyed. Hmmmm...do I want to know???
"How was your day at school, son?" I asked.
"Well, today at recess Riley and I climbed to the top of the jungle gym and she told me she loved me. And I told her I loved her."
"Really?" I flinched.
"Then this other guy got jealous and he pushed me off the jungle gym. I fell down. Then he twisted my ankle."
"Ouch!" I blurted out.
He continued, "Then Riley jumped down and punched the kid in the face and he ran away crying."
"Then what happened?" I asked, fascinated by this
"I told her 'Thanks.' And she said, 'No problem.' Then she had to go to the principal's office."
Huh... That totally ended differently than I had imagined. I guess my son knows how to pick 'em, if you like the aggressive, physically violent type...which apparently he does.
The things we do for love.

1 comment:
that was cute. the things i have to look forward to :)
Post a Comment