Monday, April 12, 2010

My Son

"My Son, My Son"
By My Grandma

Oh barefoot boy with cheeks of tan
How soon can you become a man?

I'm sick to death of snakes and toads,
and dirty feet from dusty roads

Untied shoes and muddy jeans,
Whose pockets bulge with jelly beans,

And messy rooms and tattered shirts
Of binding up your cuts and hurts

Oh barefoot boy with cheeks of tan
I'll miss you so when you're a man.


Another Mommy Moment Monday from Frugal Mom Knows Best.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Love it!

Shannon said...

Too cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Always good to "meet" a fellow diet coke junkie and new bloggy friend. Hope you'll be back. I'm your newest follower! Can't believe you have 5 kids! How do you do it?

Frugal Vicki said...

Awwww, from a mommy of a boy, I absolutely loved this! Thanks for linking up!

Camie said...

AWe! So sweet! I love having a son!

Blessings to you!

Camie