Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I feel like a kid again who has won a trophy at the end of the soccer season.
Adrienne over at Four Bad Apples gave me this award:
Someone actually likes my blog!! I can't believe it.
When I found out that she had given me this award, I felt like Taylor Swift...but then that may be pushing things because I don't look like Taylor Swift, I don't sing like Taylor Swift, and I don't want some dude coming and taking away my thunder. (Did I just say dude...oh boy!)

And it's not like I can go around telling everyone that I won this award. Because half the people around me don't know what a BLOG is. When I tell them I am a blogger, they reach for a tissue and hand it to me.

But at any rate, I am so happy that my blog can bring a little sunshine into someone's life! I LOVE blogging about the crazy life I have chosen and I am the one who gets excited when I see your comments...because in some way you all can relate.

So, I guess I am supposed to tell about myself. I am a mother of 5 crazies, 4 boys and one girlie! I have been married to my husband, who happens to be deaf, for 11+ years. I have been blogging for about 2 years, but decided that I wanted to go public with my blog so that I could comment on others blogs. I get so excited when I find people who have similar struggles and challenges that I have. I also find myself ROLLING on the floor at some of the things that your kids do.

So here are some of my favorite blogs that I stalk.

(If you think I am funny, you have never read this blog. Hilarious!!)

I love big family blogs. And Jenny just has it all together. My hero!! Just look at her children all in white. We don't own white in my house...nope.

Lynn is awesome. She is hilarious, and also a very talented photographer. I find joy in her humor.

I like this blog because who doesn't run out of ideas for dates and stuff. Really great idea for a blog, I think.

And there you have it.

Thanks, Adrienne, for making my week!! Seriously, for reading my blog!!

10 comments:

Shannon said...

Congrats on your award! You deserve it!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

happy award day!!!

i wouldn't touch white w/a ten foot pole in this house..it's been years since i've worn it myself! haha

Tiffany said...

Hey-I've loved looking through your blog. I love your humor and especially your blog title/subtitle. Will have to check back often.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your award!!!! You deserve it.

Alexandra said...

Happy Award Day!

It is, indeed, the little things.

jen said...

Sniff, sniff. Wipe a tear.
I was just lamenting the other day (ok, it was yesterday) that I've never won any blog awards. And today, I pull up your blog to see what's going on in your corner of the world, and you recognize me! I'm so flattered. Thanks. I'll try to not let it go to my head (but I'm already picking an outfit!).

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

Congrats on your award.

Most of people in my life don't know what blog is either and they have no clue what it brings to my life everyday.I love blogging and meeting new people like you.

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

Congrats! With five kids you have lots of material to blog about! Glad to have found you. :)

Susan Anderson said...

Denton Sanatorium is one of my favorite blogs, too. (And I see that yours ain't bad, either!) I read your first two posts and really enjoyed them.

=)

Anonymous said...

Oh yay an award! Just came over here from... Broken Y? I think? I get lost blog hopping! My dad is severely hearing impaired, he wears very powerful hearing aids (some of the strongest out there) and does really well now but it's still an uphill struggle. Blessings!