Friday, August 13, 2010

Why? Do tell....

Why is it that wings are almost always served with celery and ranch dressing?

Seriously!

Maybe this is a no-brainer for all of you, but I really am curious. Is there a secret special something that is released from celery that increases the enjoyment of eating a buffalo wing?

I never eat them. I just simply look at it and think, "Am I missing something? Really? Why?"

If you know the answer to this question, please do share.

Do you have an ever burning question that you still don't know the answer to?

And that, my friends, is all.

13 comments:

fili said...

Wondering about the celery begs the question, when was the last time you saw a buffalo with wings? Where do they RAISE these alleged buffalo, and what are they doing with the rest of them after they remove the wings? Maybe that's got something to do with the "Ranch" dressing...and celery is green...money is green..i see a pattern here! :)

Me Too said...

I asked the Hubs that same question once and he said it was to 'cleanse your palate'. Like the oyster crackers at a wine tasting

FranticMommy said...

Maybe the wings need "legs" *giggle*snort*snort. Sorry. It's early for me ;)

Joyelle said...

The original buffalo wing house, Anchor Bar in Buffalo NY, paired the wings with celery and bleu cheese dressing in the case that someone in the group that ordered the wings, could not handle the heat of the wings.
Source(s):
I watched it on the travel channel.

I found that many people have the same question. I found this answer on the internet.

Teachinfourth said...

It's simply there to make you BELIEVE that you're eating a healthy meal.

But you're not.

Unknown said...

The celery always looks so old and sad, like they don't want you to eat it.

Nerdy Girl said...

Im with Annie... it does make sense that celery is like an edible spoon. However, I have never used the celery to scoop up my dressing, I just dunk and get messy because its all part of the fun. I also, never use ranch. I use blue cheese.

Anonymous said...

I'm not crazy about the celery sticks being served with the wings. It too easily leads to some jack-ass in the group double-dipping. Up here, instead of ranch dressing, wings are served with blue cheese dressing. Fancy-schmancy, I know. - G

stephanie said...

and is it just me, or is the celery always limp and brown and very, very not fresh?

One Photo said...

I will just say for the record that I absolutely HATE celery.

Natasha and Jesse said...

The ranch is supposed to cool down the heat from the wings. And the celery is to make it healthy!

Natasha from: http://days-of-natasha.blogspot.com/

Sue said...

I don't think celery should be served with anything...GAG!!!

Unknown said...

Hmm, good question! I think the ranch is there so that you can dip your buffalo wings into so that it covers up the taste. The celery is there to make you think that you're eating a healthy plate because it's a vegetable :)