"Are you ready for this?" Hubs asked.
We had stayed up late the night before planning which biking trails we were going to try out. They had to be easy enough for someone who hasn't been on a bike for a very long time, and still be fun for someone like Hubs who goes about 3-4 times a month.
Here we are at the beginning of our adventure.
Sexy, aren't we! The straps for our water backpack that I am wearing are in a super attractive place, wouldn't you agree?
We try the trail by the river. Super easy. My kids would have loved it. That one tested, we decided to take this other trail that goes to the waterfall. Umm...it was all up hill. Bry would lead and the poor guy would get about 50 yards and then would have to stop and wait for me. We got like maybe 1/4 the way up and I was sweaty, out of breath and I am seeing floating white dots. We decided that passing out in the first 30 minutes of our adventure wouldn't be very adventurous.
Our next trail took us up the mountain in the Gondola (aka Box of Death.) It lead us to our next trail.
I thought this one, the "No Brainer", would be awesome, seeing as I had left most of my mind at my sister's house. With a name like that, it can't be that bad, right?
Umm...check it out. The blue is the "No Brainer." I am not quite sure if I was delusional the night before or if I just didn't realize that the trail isn't flat. It is downhill
Hubs had warned me that when I was going down hill that I needed to make sure that my rear-end stayed at the back of the seat. The top few 100 yards were fine. Then I came upon those turns...switchbacks...suicide curves from you know where.
I would watch Hubs ride them like they were nothing. But everytime I would get to them, I flew off had to get off and walk the turns. It was frustrating. They were sharp, steep, and my bike, which I had borrowed from my sister, was a little heavy...and let's face it, I am also a little heavy. No, I didn't ever biff it, thank heavens, but I came close more than I want to admit.
But it was scary.
My sweet husband, though, was so patient and very kind. He could have taken that trail in 10 minutes. I kept telling him to go ahead and he could wait for me at the bottom. "No. I want to spend time with you." Isn't that so sweet. He really does love me.
Finally we made it to Mountain Villiage which is about half way down the mountain. My hands were shaking, my bottom was sore and I think I had a twitch on the left side of my face.
We decided it was time to take a much easier trail. And so we did. We found a really fun trail that took us the rest of the way down the mountain. We had to ride about 4 miles back into town, which was pretty rough after riding for 5 hours already. But we survived.Hubs was such a boy at the end. There were puddles and puddles of mud all over the trail. Yup, he went through the middle of all of them. Lucky for me I am out of shape. Why is that? Because if I was right behind him I would have looked like a mud monster.
(These pictures don't show the mud...But his behind looked like he had had a bit of an accident.)
Gosh, I love this man. It was so much fun, despite the pain that ensued into the wee hours of the night. He is so much fun and so patient. Can't wait to spend everyday for the rest of my life with him... and then some more.
Loving him is a No Brainer! And that is one trail I can handle!!

9 comments:
Would love to find some great roads to ride where I am living now but the land is so flat. You guys are very lucky!
Hahaha...."Box of Death" amen sister!
Ha, No-brainer....wonder what genius came up with that name for a trail that looks like a squiggly line that kids draw. I'm amazed that you plowed through all that despite being out of shape. Hope you weren't feeling too sore the next day :)
I've got something for you.
http://therealpoopsie.blogspot.com/2010/08/ending-is-near-awards.html
Well you did it - bravo to you! Also to your husband for his patience. Glad you are having a good vacation.
Bike riding sure is a lot of fun. I prefer downhill riding. This is when you ride the ski lifts to the top of the mountain and then simply coast all the way down.
You guys are troopers, just call me lazy.
Thanks for dropping by my blog!! I have had a great time reading yours tonight. Your bike ride looks like so much fun. Do you live in Colorado?
What an awesome adventure! And that last line? Too stinkin' sweet! I'm in awe of you two.
Thanks so much for stopping by. I'm a little behind on blog visits, but appreciate you stopping by nonetheless. Hope your week is shaping up to be a great one.
Kristi, Live and Love...Out Loud
@TweetingMama
I can feel the love you have for him in all your posts. I love how you are his hero, and he is yours.
Lovely....just tear bringing lovely.
Post a Comment