Friday, August 13, 2010

We're Jigglers

Some people are really good at making bread. Others really know how to BBQ. Me? I am really good at making Jell-O. Not the normal kind of Jell-0.

Rainbow Jell-O.

I got this picture from here.  But it looks exactly like mine.

Have you ever had it?? It is so fun to eat. It takes about 4 hours to make. "For Jell-O?" you may ask.  Yes, people. That's how fun it is.

The first time I had it was when I was on a mission for my church and I was being transferred to another state. The people from my church threw a going away party and this was one of the dishes. I loved it! So much that I think I had like 4 helpings.

I make it every year for our Thanksgiving dinner at my parents' house. While others are making rolls and yams, turkey and stuffing, corn and potatoes, I am plunked on the couch waiting for my Jell-O to set up. (Not really. I am helping out, but I always wish that I was.) In the end, mine is always gone...no leftovers, I tell you.

I may be stretching here...but rainbow Jell-O is a lot like my family. Think about it. Everyone is their own person with their own attributes that make up their flavor. Some are strawberry: who doesn't love strawberry? Others are lime...a little harder to get used to. And still some of us are orange; likeable, but not super popular. And when you put them all together, the blending of all the colors and flavors is spectacular!

Just like my family!

11 comments:

Erin said...

I seriously have never seen this before! It looks so much fun, where do you get the recipe??

fili said...

Now that's love and dedication...4 hours to make a jello dessert! Love it!

Thanks for checking out my page, too!

linda said...

I am a jello fan, and that looks totally delicious!

Teachinfourth said...

So, what does that liverwurst-flavored person fit in to this?

Andi said...

That is beautiful...Did you know that serving gelatin was a sign of prosperity? Only the well off could afford those fancy molds! I learned that on Food network. At least I don't THINK I made it up.

Sadly, I do not like jello...At all.

Unknown said...

yummy and so cute!

mountain mama said...

so what the recipe???

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

did i miss the link to make it? hello friend...we need to make that!

Unknown said...

Ooo I love jello! Never made it look so nice and pretty though. 4 hours is a long time to wait :)

Ninny said...

The real first time you had it must not have been as memorable. It was either Sarah Fawn or Katie that made it for our Passion Palace Thanksgiving in 1993. Do you remember now? I think I even have a picture of it because I loved it so much.

paige said...

I don't really like jello that much but I HAVE TO HAVE THIS.

Oh, wait. They don't have Jello in England. DRAT.