Saturday, August 21, 2010

Who? Me??

I was told the other day that I was prolific. Seriously? Me? I know that it was a compliment...but being the simple-minded being that I am, I wasn't exactly sure what that meant.

So I did what I tell my kids to do when they don't know what something means, I googled it. (We live in the year 2010, people. Who needs a dictionary?!) This is what it said:

1. producing offspring, young, fruit, etc., abundantly; highly fruitful.

2. producing in large quantities or with great frequency; highly productive..

With a definition like that, I would say there are many parts of my life that are prolific.

* By society's standards, I produce offspring abundantly. We aren't the Duggars, but our house is full. Full and fulfilling.

* I am able to produce laundry in large quantities. That being said, I wouldn't say that I am highly productive by any stretch of the word. On the contrary. I have an extra large capacity washer and dryer that feels like zero capacity. What ever happened to clothes lines?

* Laughter is abundant in my house. And it happens quite frequently.

* Pancakes. I am really good at making large quantities of pancakes at a freakishly fast rate.

* Apparently I have been very productive at producing broken arms this summer, making our pediatrician quite fruitful.

* I am able to produce unmatched socks....in abundance...too much abundance.

* Cups...cups...and more cups. Did I mention cups?

* Not much success with the garden unless you count weeds....I can grow those with my eyes closed. I am that good!

So you see, though my dear friend was commenting on my ability to come up with things to blubber about on my blog, he helped me to see that I am living the abundant life!

Now, for those cups....

8 comments:

Lacey in the City said...

Cheers to you being prolific! I like the comments about the abundances of pancakes and laughter in your home. Both are key :)

NatureGirl said...

Wonderful!

CB said...

I also have 5 kids - Prolific is a good word - although I pretty much always thought 5 was just a good, happy number! (wink!!). But I must say I like the way you think.

I am new to your blog I find it a colorful and happy place! I am your newest follower!!

Happy Sunday ~

Cherie

Teachinfourth said...

Wow, you are indeed prolific.

Prolif away...

Unknown said...

You are very prolific person indeed :) Now about those cups...

Gabe said...

don't you love those comments?? why exactly do people feel they need to say these things out loud. . . keep it to your self people!

paige said...

I have missed you so very much! You and your cups and laundry and prolificness. Glad to be back to your site.

Susan Anderson said...

Just read a few posts on your blog and am so interested I've decided to follow.

Your friend is right. You ARE prolific. And entertaining, too!

=)