We say we would never hurt our children...and yet....
Lie down here, Little One. There is nothing to be scared of.
Just breath in...breath out...relax...
and enjoy the ride.
If you only knew, son. All too soon...
First they hypnotize you with that blinding, bright spotlight.
A dirty mirror...always a good sign.
(It was his dirt, rest assured.)
The suction tube of death; sure to suck the lungs right out of you chest.
Pokers, and scrapers, and pickers, oh, my. Which one to use first....
The shot that will alter your mouth forever. Those pieces of gauze...
for your bleeding mouth.
No words needed....
You scream, "You're hurting me!! That hurts me! You're HURTING me!!!!!"
Why am I holding your legs and arms?
If I don't, you won't get one of these really cool hats for your tooth.
Yeah, I didn't buy that line either when I was a kid.
After 4 long days with pain in the mouth, one mortifying day in the chamber,
finally a little of this...
And that, my child, is why some torture is worth it.
Do I like hurting my children?
Only a little.
8 comments:
I remember when our firstborn had to have blood drawn because he was jaudice. . .2 days after he was born. . .David had the leave the room and who held him crying and screaming?? Yep. . .the mom!
There are some things only moms can handle!
Awww, poor baby. Well at least he wasn't further traumatized by being strapped down to the dentist's chair. When I was a kid and had to go in for filings, the dentist actually had body and leg straps to tie me down to the chair to keep me from moving. It's very traumatic and still haunts me to this day.
Poor guy. I think we can all relate!
=)
It made my mouth hurt just reading that post and looking at the pictures.
But I must confess that YES I love hurting my children - hee hee!
Glad your little guy made it through - it can be scary as well as painful!
Ughhhh please save me!!
That was both torturous and enjoyable at the same time. But you already know that :-)
Why did your post make me think of this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOtMizMQ6oM&feature=related
Because I hate the dentist, too. But when other people go, it's not so bad. I'm not like other people, I don't like pain…it hurts me.
Poor boy...at least he was sleeping afterward and not like this little boy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txqiwrbYGrs
Thankfully I haven't had bad experiences at the dentist!
Post a Comment