Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Rubber Ducky...outta my face!

Dear Mommy and Daddy,

I am not sure how to tell you this...because I have tried crying, screaming, and even throwing things, but you obviously aren't catching on.

Let me put it to you plainly...

I HATE BATHS!

For starters, I need some privacy. Hello!! Everytime you bath me, there is at least one if not two other people in with me. Can't a guy get some privacy around here? Guess not. What's worse is that they are looking at me. Sometimes even goosing my hiney, commenting on how cute it is. Awkward!

Secondly, I don't like water. Well, I do like to drink it...water and nothing else; milk - totally overrated. But I don't like sitting in it. And so I don't. I will stand in the water, squat in the water, pour the water, but I will not sit down. I think that my fear of water started when Camden poured a cup of it on my head, causing me to inhale about 1/2 the cup and scaring me to death.

I do like the bubbles that you put on my hair. But I have figured out that once that stuff goes on, eventually it has to come off. Knowing this will include pouring water on my head, I start wailing the minute I see you with the shampoo.  I do this in hopes that you will change your mind...but you never do.

My favorite part of bathtime is when I turn around, put my arms in the air and you lift me out. Hooray.

So, just so we are clear. I Hate. Baths!!!

Love,
Baby Briggy

PS Thanks Mama Kat for giving me the opportunity to vent.

15 comments:

Erin said...

HAHA my youngest has all of a sudden decided he hates to have his hair washed....screams all the way through and then he's fine the minute you are done!

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Ahahahahaha.... my boy used to hate it when I poured water on his head to wash off the bubbles... I have since learned to trick him that I'm playing water splashing with him (by splashing on his head) - works so far!

I did the same prompt too! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed! The observations of your baby's bathtime ritual is great.

Teachinfourth said...

I don't like baths either…let him try a shower instead, my friend did that with his son and his kid loves it.

Dominique Goh said...

My kids are the opposite ..they simply love the water.. the trouble is getting them to come out of the bath/shower then putting them in one.

Mary said...

So cute! I used to have to threaten my oldest one with NOT getting a bath if he didn't behave!

jsturner1 said...

Oh Briggy! I love him. Maybe he's ready for a ahower! Ella used to shower with me everyday.

Cheryl said...

Right now he likes baths, but sometimes? He'll scream and refuse to sit. I can totally relate!

Larson log said...

I am officially addicted! Your blog is HILARIOUS!

Ms. Bake-it said...

Too funny! I had a hard time getting my boys out of the bath or shower. My youngest still takes extremely long showers and still occasionally likes to take a bath. My nephew HATES the bath and my SIL decided to try the shower. He is much happier at bath time now. Maybe Briggy would prefer a shower.

~ Tracy

Swati said...

Wonderful letter!!!
I have seen my mom struggling with my sis the same way....
Thanks for sharing!

http://dwivedi2326.blogspot.com/2010/08/dear-mom.html

Amy said...

funny letter. cracks me up when little ones actually enjoy their baths cause that just never happens. great job :)

M.Jay. said...

That is so cute... My baby girl hated baths for some timebut only because she had to do it alone, now she loves to bath becase she is not along. I am sure he is easier to bath stading up though...lol

Nerdy Girl said...

My 3 year old hates when I rinse his head but he is okay with dumping beach buckets of water on his own head.

Carrie said...

Oh this is so funny! My kids have gone through different stages...but it's always a bit of a scream fest. Bleh.