Every Sunday, without fail, we wake up in the morning and tell the kids to get their church clothes on. And without fail, this is the response I get:
"I hate church!"
"Church is stupid."
"Church is so boring."
I wish that I could say that I was joking. I wish that I could say that I saw this on a movie. Unfortunately this scene takes place in my house.
Does anyone have the recipe for children who love to go to church? If you do, please pass it on.
Here is the recipe for rainbow Jell-O. It will be a hit! I can promise you that.
You need:
7 boxes of Jell-O. (Red and green are great for Christmas, but for other times I use the whole spectrum.)
8oz Sour Cream
12oz Cool Whip
Mix 1package of Jello with 1 cup of boiling water. Dissolve. Take 1/4 cup of the Jell-O and put it into a small bowl. Add 1 Tablespoon of sour cream and 2 Tablespoons of Cool Whip. Stir until smooth. Pour into a 9X13 pan and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Pour the remaining Jell-O over the first layer. Set. Repeat these steps with each color of Jello you are using. The setting time will decrease as you go. I always top with the left over Cool Whip.
**Tip: Pour the Jell-O in the same corner and then tilt the pan to spread. This way the warmer Jell-O doesn't melt the cooler layers.
6 comments:
I can't wait to hear the recipes for getting your kids excited about going to church. Today was a no Sunday School day for us, so the three older ones had to sit through the entire service. . .oh the agony!
You are amazingly clever! Who would have thought to swap a recipe for rainbow jello for a recipe to get kids excited to go to church?!?
If only...
I will say that 4 years ago we switched churches and my kids haven't complained once about going to church. So, you are cordially invited to try our church any time you'd like to see if your kids like it as much as mine! ; )
Blessings!!
~H
So do you bribe them with jello to get them to go?!
I think this should help out…
http://www.byub.org/talks/Talk.aspx?id=1623
When my sister and I were little, every Sunday after Sunday school and church, the folks would take us across the street to the drug store where they drank coffee with their friends from church and we got to pick out a new comic book each week and have a soda. It was always something to look forward to after church, so we didn't mind at all. After all these years, I even remember the drug store's name, and I SURE wish my mom hadn't thrown out all those old comics - some of them would probably be worth a fortune now!
Wow, never knew that the recipe called for Sour cream and cool whip! Must try it one of these days :)
Post a Comment