Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I see London, I see France

There are people who have no problem sleeping without any PJ's. They prefer to sleep in their undies. I am not one of those people. I like to have my clothes on.

Why? I can just imagine there being a fire in my house or some other emergency and me having to choose between putting on my pants or saving my children. It is an easy choice. And that is why I like having my clothes on when I sleep.

However, I broke that rule last week when Hubs and I went to Telluride. Our room was so incredibly hot. You see, there was no air conditioning (we didn't know this) and so our room was like 82 degrees all night. We tried to keep things open, but we had our bikes in our room and weren't sure how safe things were in this little town.

Since there were no children around to save and I was about to melt, the only solution was to remove one layer. Off went PJ bottoms...and this is what happened:

I dreamt that I was in San Francisco with some friends. I was putting on my makeup in the restroom, wouldn't you know it, without my PJ bottoms on. Suddenly there was an earthquake. A big one.  Our hotel fell to the ground and I, of course, couldn't find my pants. I looked everywhere for them and my cell phone with no luck.

I needed to let my family know that I was okay, so I went into several businesses, in my undies, trying to get hold of them. I saw a guy who I knew from high school who was kind enough to not say a word about me being in my underpants to let me use his phone. But the buttons on his phone were all wonky and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't push the number 5. Then he had to leave...with his phone.

So I walked the streets, bottomless, looking for someone who would help me.

Then I woke up.

You see, this is why I sleep with my clothes on. I have issues. No pants, totally out of my comfort zone.

Plus, I like a good night sleep, thankyouverymuch.


(Thanks, MamaKat for this uncomfortable moment.)

25 comments:

Erin said...

OMG that is so me! When I didn't care, I could so sleep without anything on...but now...now way, I have to have SOMETHING on

Rheanna Bristol said...

Yes, did I say in my last comment that it was your weeds that reminded me of the Burger King incident? If not, you should totally know that it was!
I love the post about your pj's. I totally agree, somethings should never be exposed to daylight! My lady biz is definitely one!
Thanks for the comment, I will be back often, but not creepy like. :-)

Booyah's Momma said...

I love that your rationale for sleeping with PJ's on is "in case there's an emergency." Made me giggle. I am also a PJ sleeper, but it's only because my husband likes it ice cold when he sleeps... so it's sweats and 5 layers of blankets for me.

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

ha ha ha! I'm right there with you.

stopped by from mama kat's

Teachinfourth said...

Well, I never stop to think about it that way. I guess the safe bet is to always wear something when you go to bed and never sleep in one's birthday suit or anything close to it.

Kim Lehnhoff said...

Since I never know what The Boy is up to in the middle of the night, clothing-optional is not an option.

Doesn't make the hubby too happy though.

Dumb Mom said...

That's hilarious. Wish my 5 year old felt that way. He's taken to sleeping in the nude. Not sure why but every morning when I go to get him up he's there, butt naked and comfy!

Sugar Bear said...

So funny. Last night I had to make this very same choice. It was way too hot in the bedroom. I ended up tossing and turning all night and felt like something was just not right....

M.Jay. said...

I LOLed in the office! This is just hilarious!!! So your subconsous was also out of its comfort zone...LOL
You made my day.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I'm the opposite (and that's all I'm going to say on the matter.) - G

One Photo said...

Oh my - even when you are asleep you are uncomfortable about not wearing your PJ's :-)

Stacey said...

LOL That is SO funny! I'm the exact same way and my DH doesn't get it. He thinks it's weird that I have to sleep in my PJ's. He doesn't understand that I am unwilling to save my children from fire in my UNDIES and then stand outside for the firemen and the news trucks to see!!! I'm visiting from Mama Kat's.

melissa said...

Hey I just wanted to say how much I love your blog!! Thanks for your posts. I am now a follower here. I will be back for more updates. :-)

Farah Jasmine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Farah Jasmine said...

HAHAHAHA This is sooo me. I always have to be dressed so I could run to the kids if one decides to puke or scream for me. I need to be there for him! :support:

A Long Drive

Tylaine said...

haha! That's so funny.....I used to sleep with my pj's on all the time (ofcourse it was frigid cold in my bedroom when I was growing up in Alberta....seriously I could almost see my breath on those winter mornings) But after having moved here to Utah....all modesty has gone out the window!! It's too dang hot!!

Liz said...

I always sleep fully clothed! I just can't otherwise. :)

A Musing Mother said...

Maybe you should consider sleeping with shoes, too...

Anonymous said...

I feel way more comfortable with pj's on. Your dream is hilarious though. I love how you couldn't push #5 no matter how hard you tried. Dreams always make the easiest stuff the hardest, LOL.

Joy For Your Journey said...

That is too funny!! This post was my first good laugh of the day!!

Anonymous said...

That is so totally me!!! I have to sleep in something that I can wear if there is a fire!!!

Unknown said...

Stopping over from Bungalow 56. Love your blog - it makes me laugh!

Mary said...

Visiting (and laughing!) from Bungalow 56. I don't see how people can sleep "a la naturale".

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

Thought I would let you know I've included your blog in my Saturday Shout out. I too need to be clothes while sleeping. Murphy's law man, murphy's law.
Dana

Sarah Garb said...

I see I'm not the only one giving a shoutout! I've given you a blog award, Stef! Is there a way I can email you the link? And as for the PJ situation, I too fear the prospect of a 3 am naked fire alarm situation, but assume I'll definitely have time to grab something to throw on....