There are times you look back at certain experiences and laugh. There are other times you look back and cringe. This was one of those times.
We (Hubs, myself and 4 of our children) had just moved into a new apartment. My parents and a few siblings had come over to help us get things organized and set up.
My dad was responsible for setting up the bunk beds. He had also, apparently, taken upon himself the job of trying to kill my 2 year old. Yeah he is kinda like that. Okay, not really. Quite the opposite really. You will not find a more careful, caring, slightly overprotective grandparent anywhere. Except for this time.
I saw my dad and Brody, the 2 year old, go back to the kids room. Didn't think anything of it. In fact didn't even think about it at all until later because I was busy organizing and putting away.
When I finally did go back to the bedroom, about 3 hours later, to check out the bunk beds, I walked into the room and saw a screw driver sticking out of the electrical outlet. As in, the metal part was "plugged in" to the wall.
What the...? Who forgot...? How is my child not dead?
Then again, this is the son who had a piano fall on him and only rug burns to prove it. (Some day I will tell you that story.) The same son who almost drowned before my very eyes. The one who was bitten by army ants more than 30 times in 2 minutes. Yes, this is that child....
But a screw driver in the outlet!?
I laugh and cringe at that memory.
What's yours?
9 comments:
The screwdriver must have had rubber on it somewhere, or it blew the outlet when it was put it in. Like you my heart would have stopped at seeing it..sounds like that little one likes keeping his guardian angels on their toes.
Wow. THAT is scary!
"/
Holy Cow! Scary!
When you started this post I thought about the piano story. Your little one has a big mission to accomplish.
Oh, angels is right! I swear I will have some explaining to do when I pass over, about how I kept crews of angels exhausted and sweating watching me and my family. You are doing your part, too. Good. I'll point them in your direction. :)
that was scary! he's a tough fella! being watched by angels indeed.
take that kid to the store and buy a lotto ticket...he's got some luck in him! u irish?
That boy must of been a cat in his former life! That is scary!
The piano story is scary but one I will never forget about hearing...
Post a Comment