Monday, February 27, 2012

Some things are just wrong...

I know this might a little controversial to put on this here blog...but I am going to do it.

Please, don't be offended. Don't hate me.

If you disagree with me, that's okay. You are entitled to you own opinion, as flawed as it may be. We can still be friends.

But when one feels so strongly about something, one should be able to express that on their blog.

I am that one.

Sushi is just wrong.

You should not do sushi. It's raw meat people. Raw!! Wrapped in seaweed. And covered in rice. Then it is put in a fridge for a few day.

How is that appetizing?? Just look at it.

No, I have never eaten it. Once again...look at it!! No, I will not try it. Nope, I know I won't like it. I don't have to try drugs to know I don't want to do them. I don't have to burn my finger to know I won't enjoy it.

And I don't have to taste sushi to know it is wrong.

Sushi is just wrong.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree!

Diane said...

My husband loves it. I've tried it and just can't get into it though some of the tempura(fried) is not too bad.

Unknown said...

yeah I could never get into the sushi thing either.. nothign about it appeals to me. Not to mention one wrong fish or fishy part and life could be over.. ugh

Lyssa said...

Amen, sister. It is totally hip to go out for sushi and I've tried it a few times, but could barely gag it down. Give me a frito pie or a chili dog and I'm good.

Arnebya said...

I've had California rolls (crab meat, avocado, and cucumber wrapped in the seaweed and rice) but that's it. Nothing else is appealing to me. It's just...raw. I don't even like it when salmon is still pink (but people in my office consider it overdone if it isn't). Eh. To each his own. I bring my lunch when they serve salmon (they don't consider it sushi b/c it technically is cooked, just not enough for me).

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

my opinion...90% ppl who eat it actually hate it and eat it b/c they think it's the 'IN' thing to do....

seriously it's rice wrapped in a nasty seaweed and you think that is yummy? gross..

I AGREE WITH YOU haha

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

Wow I'm in the minority here. Love sushi! Love the ginger and the hot wasabi sauce mingled with the saltiness of the soy sauce, having a partay in my mouth with the rice, seaweed and fish. Usually I'm just a California girl but sometimes I walk on the raw fish wild side. Just the other day Eldest mentioned we needed to make some. A big mess, but so so good.
Are we still friends?
Dana

Susan Anderson said...

I agree, with the exception of California roll, which is NOT raw. It has cooked crab, avocado, and cucumber.

And it's great!

=)

Juli said...

Love California rolls, all other "states" of sushi are best left in Japan. :)

Melanie said...

ha ha ha....amen sista!

I used to have to make them at work. Nasty!

Mary said...

I'll take my fish cooked, thank you!

Unknown said...

Agreed. Unless it's that kind that's made of candy...