Food police are real.
Did you know that? I had no idea. I thought they were just like the Boogy man under the bed or in the closet. You know, not real.
Nope. Real.
Just ask the little girl in a Hoke County preschool. She knows. She met him the other day. Apparently, the food police didn't think that her homemade lunch (a turkey and cheese sandwich, chips, banana and apple juice) was healthy enough. So he took it away and replaced it with chicken nuggets. Because we all know chicken nuggets are super healthy.
Who pays these food police? That would be us. We just hire people who have nothing better to do with their time and our money than to go to preschools and take perfectly good lunches and replace them with crappy ones.
Really?
Really??
Since we are the ones paying for these food police, can we also be the ones to fire them? You know, for pure idiosy?
Food police. Sheesh.
I wonder what he had for lunch???
5 comments:
We think alike! The whole food police in the schools makes me want to spew forth my lunch!
Last year my son went to school for the first time in middle school and he came home and said "we get free breakfast every day!" "Oh, what did you have for breakfast?" "A pop-tart and an apple!"
Seriously true story!!!!s
Wow that's just crazy. I'm glad we don't have that problem. In fact, E's school require a homemad lunch everyday and if we need them to prepare lunch for her, I have to let them know in advance because they make everything fresh in their kitchen using organic vegetables and stuff. We get a menu a month in advance too so that we can decide if the meals are healthy enough for them to feed her.
I battle with Youngest all the time for his lunch choices. I pack at least 7 snacks in his lunchbox and he eats what he wants, healthy and unhealthy.
I figure he eats a good breakfast and dinner so he's covered.
With his allergy, there's virtually nothing he could eat on the school lunch menu. It's all bread based.
This didn't surprise me. I've heard of it happening at my daughter's middle school to the point of nasty comments but not where the lunch has actually been replaced. I don't understand how a lunch provided from HOME can be superceded by a lunch someone unaware of what my child may/may not be allowed/able to eat replaces it with.
Now THAT is just lame! Chicken nuggets aren't healthier than what your child had. I hope the school that my sons are going to in the near future won't have a food police.
Post a Comment