Monday, February 6, 2012

...waiting.

Waiting.

That's what we are doing.

Hubs has been working on getting his masters. In Linguistics. Yeah...he is pretty smart. Not boring though.

However, three semesters in he has decided, "Ehhh. I'm not really wanting to be a linguist anymore." Good for him to recognize he isn't happy...ya know...before we spend another bucket load of money.

Instead he has applied for a job. Whoot! We are excited to move into the next chapter of our life. This last one was kinda dragging.

But now we are waiting...and waiting....and waiting.

"We will let you know, either way, by the end of this week." So he calls them back at the beginning of the next week...."Oh. Nope, sorry. We haven't gotten to that point yet. But we will let you know. Either way." Ugh.

And so we wait.

I wait.

Wait for some normalcy in my routine at home. Don't get me wrong. I love having Hubs around. He is fun and interesting and nice to look at and all of that. So you can see why I would be distracted from my mundane, monotonous, morning routine.

But even though it is boring, it is necessary. Vital, even, for my life to have some semblance of sanity. Those first two hours... scriptures, exercise, dishes, and shower...I have to have them. Sadly, if they don't get done, no matter what else does, I feel I have not been productive.

So you can understand why the waiting is so excruciating.

I am torn between loving and hating my husband. Okay, hate is a really strong word. But I am afraid if we have to wait much longer...it just may come to that. Okay, not that. But sometimes there are worse things than hate. Torture comes to mind.

I'm just sayin'.

But what else is there to do....

...but wait.

10 comments:

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

A J.O.B. ? That is exciting. But the waiting? Not so exciting. I can't wait to hear all about it. We've been in the middle of some very big changes but can't say or write a word about it for another month. I hate waiting, as do you.
Dana

Arnebya said...

I hate the wait, especially when they give a specific date b/c you think that that's what they're shooting for. And you don't want to call and be a pest but at the same time COME ON!

Melanie said...

My husband was unemployed for 10 months. 4 of which he was done with school as well. Let's just say that I spent A LOT of time at the gym as a refuge (man I was dang skinny back then).

It was VERY nice getting back to "normal".

GOod luck with the job.

Susan Anderson said...

My husband has only been between jobs twice in his career.

Both times were excruciating, for both of us.

(And yes, I did almost do him an injury.)

;)

Jenny said...

Waiting is the worst. I'm sorry about all this. I hope things turn around for you soon...it would be nice if life would smooth out for a bit!

Hugs and hope!

Gabe said...

Waiting stinks, no two ways about it!!!

And having hubby around all day everyday? Yeah, that can be hard!!

Praying you here good news soon!

Jen Kesler said...

Ahh...waiting! Not my best talent. Good luck to ya!

Kerri said...

Waiting is the worst! And, when my husband is home...things don't run as smoothly...at least for me. It throws everything off kilter. He doesn't understand this though! Good luck with the job...hope hubs hears something soon!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

i thrive on routine!

keep us updated...can't wait to hear....

Unknown said...

I hope all that waiting finally paid off!