Merry-go-rounds are dangerous. They scalp children.
So is sitting in the grass. Don't believe me? Ask my 4 year old.
Camden was so excited to go and watch Brody play soccer. He put on the extra shin guards, put on his tennis shoes and brought himself a ball. Even made sure he had his very own water bottle. He was s-e-t set!
Before we get to the field, my contacts decide to go bonkers. Luckily my friend's son is on the same team and so I ask her if she minded keeping an eye on Camden while I went and got my glasses. "No problem!" Super!
I head home. When I get back, I get out of the car and all I hear is Camden scream crying. You know the sound that isn't really a cry but isn't fully screaming either. He was scryming. So I hustle to get out Baby and hot tail it over to see what was going on.
I guess that he had the audacity to sit down on the grass. Only there, hidden under the grass was a huge fire ant hill. They latched onto his arm pit and the under part of his arm. He cried, but was ready to just be brave when he started to scream again. My friend rips off Camden's shin guards and there are a couple enjoying a snack called "His Leg!!"
This is when I show up. I comfort him and we head home to make it better. How do you make that better? Those suckers hurt. Bad. Really bad. And they burn. Hence the name...fire ant. I put some cream on it and gave him some really cold wash clothes to put on the bites. It seemed to help.
All of a sudden he starts scryming again. I grab him, strip him bare and there, in his shorts, was the culprit. He had bitten my son like 15 times in two seconds. Poor Camden.
I grabbed that ant and I killed it. Then I killed it again. And just for good measure I killed it again.
You see, sitting is grass is dangerous. So is biting my son a billion times.
And so are merry-go-rounds.
(Brought to you by Mama Kat prompts)
13 comments:
OMG Poor baby! I would have killed him a 3rd time for good measure!
I once put my son in the grocery cart seat...right on top of a bee.
Bad mom.
I hope your son has no ill effects or fears from his experience with the ants.
Dude.... those fire ants HURT! No joke! lol
Dont all mom's know scryming well...lol
I love the amount of times you killed the ant, are you sure he is dead?:D
Poor Camden! I hope he doesn't carry this ant trauma into adulthood. It would suck to be scared of ants all his life. I think after you had killed the ant several times, you should have thrown water on it and then flush it down the toilet. That would've taught the sucker a lesson!
Oh that is just awful. Poor little guy! I hope your son isn't gonna have a fear of ants now. How traumatizing.
I love the word scryming...lol :)
Someone needs to spray that ant hill that is on a kids soccer field, I'm sure it's going to happen again. Poor Camden. Your killing the ant 3x reminds me of the vulture on Horton hears a who, so funny.
Similar happening when one of my boys was about the same age and a wasp crawled into his shorts. He was lets just say..."bare...under there" and it got him like 6 times before I could get his shorts off. Poor little men!
OH, NO! Poor little guy.
Ouch.
And ouch again.
"/
ant bites are always the worse!!! ugh esp when it's ur babies that are bitten! i'd kill it a hundred times over too!!!
Poor little guy! Hope he's okay.
Fire ants are nasty - my friend's little girl got bitten all up her leg. If the bites blister up then pop them with s sterile needle, treat with an antiseptic and cover them up until they start to heal, that's what my friend had to do otherwise they can get infected.
Oh my goodness, that would make me SCRY too!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment