On the way to your shower, he will find a toy that he simply can't live without.
Once in the bathroom he will play with said toy until he sees the toilet paper.
Seeing the toilet paper will remind him that toilet paper belongs in the toilet, and what a fun game a toilet can be.
He will take the extra roll of toilet paper and throw it into the bowl. He will giggle and giggle.
Giggling will make remind him that he has a toy in the bathroom somewhere.
Playing with the toy will make him giggle some more.
He will glance in the direction of the toilet. Hmmm.
Toy.
Toilet.
If you give a child a toy in the same room as a toilet, he will probably flush the toy down the toilet to see what happens.
Seeing all the water on the ground will cause much freaking out and screaming.
Hearing the child scream will cause you to rinse at the speed of light and exit the shower .
Seeing the water on the floor near the toilet will make you growl inside and cause you to mutter, "Not again."
You will probably throw on some clothes, comfort the child and proceed back into the bathroom to clean up the mess.
Cleaning up the mess will make you wonder, "What the heck did he put in the toilet?"
You will remember that there had been a toy in the child's hand when he entered the bathroom. Ugh!
Because if you give a child a toy,
Chances are....
He'll want a toilet to go with it.
18 comments:
So cute Stef! You're such a good writer!
Ha, ha! That is so true!
This is exactly how my husband and I ended up outside in our backyard on evening, with the toilet, and a sledge hammer. After kiddie flushed "something", and we could not get it out, and the plumber was unsuccessful too, we decided to buy a new toilet, and then we gleefully busted that toilet apart to find out what the culprit was. We celebrated with a beer. It is a great memory. Weird, huh?
This is my new favorite "If you give a..." book!
we love those Mouse books. . .but yours, yours would be a best seller!
Well done! My little one, who is in second grade now, discovered those books in kindergarten and we had to read them every night for weeks.
Well done! My little one, who is in second grade now, discovered those books in kindergarten and we had to read them every night for weeks.
This is amazing. Hahaha.
I am Fickle Cattle.
This is one of my favorite of your posts. I love it. So funny!
Really funny.
And all too true.
=)
toilets and children = disaster whether it's learning to use it...using it when you aren't around or watching things go flushy! i say we go back to going outside! haha well maybe just our boys!
I LOVE this. My sister did this once for my son when he was 3 and called it "When You Give Mike A Penny". It's still one of my favorite books. -J
Oh the life you live! I would love to be a fly on the wall at your house, but with my luck you would squash me flat dead.
hahahahaha
Wow, totally has happened at my house.
I have been following for awhile, sorry I haven't been friendly, but your on my blog roll now, so you'll be seeing more of me.
Have a great weekend!
Oh, this is so cute :) It's so "If you give a mouse a cookie" type of story :) I love it!
One thing I am so grateful about Japanese bathroom layouts is that the toilet gets its own separate room away from the bath/sink area. Since we haven't started potty training yet, we keep the toilet room closed so E doesn't wander in. So glad that we don't have to deal with toys down the toilet :)
I've always wondered how many toys make it out to sea, and how many get trapped down there in limbo. Before my husband and I lived together, whenever I sat on the toilet at his place it made a swooshing sound. He said it was the sound of a Hotwheels car his son had flushed down the pipes. - G
This is funnier to me now because one of my students checked out 'If You Give a Pig a Pancake' from the school library yesterday.
Post a Comment