I have a great life. Really fantastic. Love being married. Love being a mom. Love love love.
That being said, there are those times, when I remember the single life. Or at least life before children. Because once you have children, you will always have children. (Unless you are some kind of psycho and get rid of them, then you would no longer have children, but you would be living up your single life behind bars.)
As wonderful as children are, and they are wonderful, there are some things that I miss. Let me name just a few.
I miss...
...alone time.
...skinny jeans.
...sleeping in.
...all laundry done in one day.
....cars with just two doors.
...dates.
...sleeping in.
...daily showers.
...long daily showers.
...no sag.
...carefree road trips.
...uninterrupted conversations.
...sleeping in.
...smudge-free walls and windows.
I wouldn't give my life up for anything.
But I would like a few of these things back...
...someday.
(Another one of Mama Kat's great prompt ideas! Check her out!)
23 comments:
Superb list! I relate more than I wish I could.
Stopping by via Mama Kat's!
I like your list.. Sounds like I should spend more time appreciating those things while I have them... Stopped in from Mama Kat's.
LOVE the post, I will take a little uninterrupted conversations, and a side of sleeping in!
aw this turned out so much sweeter than mine, mine is pretty much word barf everywhere its a mess! haha I saw that promt and said YES!!! I can think of a thousand things!! then I opened up my little blogger post edit and BAM writers block.
I agree with ALL these!
Love your list. Don't worry, the day will come when a FEW of those things will be yours again... (((HUGS)))
I too long to have the chance to sleep in.. seems impossible now with kids who are light sleepers and wake in the night.
Sleeping in
Sleeping in
SLEEPING IN!!!!!!!
That is all I long for!!!
My girls started doing their own laundry when they were 12, so then I could do my laundry in one day - you'll get there!
As far as sleeping in? The kids may all have to fly the coop for that to happen, because there's always the "Hey Mom, where's..." before they leave for school in the morning!
Uninterrupted conversations would be so nice, I agree! I chose the same prompt.
New follower - I love your blog and would love for you to follow me back.
Mmmm, sleeping in. I miss that too. Just watch, one day when our kids are all grown up and off on their own and we get the chance to do all the things we miss before we had kids, we'll be too busy missing our kids and doing things with them.
I feel like when my youngest turned 4, a lot of good things happened. I still don't get to sleep in very much, but sometimes.
Amen to 2 door cars! But skinny jeans?!? I don't think that I miss those. :)
Ahh the sleeping in and uninterrupted converstations... tied with no streaks on window / mirrors. Love this... can totally relate.
You'll get them back, all right. And then you'll have a whole new list of other things you miss!
;)
Wonderful list! :)
I love this list!!!
yep. I'll take one of each as well. In fact this was also my topic of choice. But in a different way. Love it!
multiplemama.com
My time feels tooooo alone now. I guess what we miss changes as our little ones change. Sniffle.
You've just reminded me of all the things I miss - including my little Honda S2000! I think you've captured everything I miss except going to Starbucks on my own to read my book and spend an hour drinking a latte with my pumpkin cream cheese muffin. Sigh....
oh, i know, i know! i used to love sleeping in. and eating bad and not having to hide it from little ones. hee hee.
have a great weekend :)
GREAT list. Sleeping in deserves repeating. :)
I noticed how sleeping-in kept popping up...funny how that's exactly what my top one would be as well. I miss lounging around too. Just laying around without having to fetch, clean, cook, or move.
I miss my waist. :) -J
Post a Comment