Friday, September 10, 2010

Doesn't she know the difference?

I was not sure who to believe.

I got a note in my kindergartner's agenda from his teacher that reads:

"Could you please talk to Brody about not pretending to shoot the children in class. He would not stop after we asked him several times. He had to sit out recess."

Wonderful!

So when I sat down with him and asked him what happened, his response:

"She lied. I wasn't shooting them. Diego was shooting them."

Hmmmm. This is the little boy whose birthday was yesterday. This was the little boy who got a really cool Star Wars gun toy. This is the little boy who was playing with said toy minutes before he went to school.

Now you tell me. What's a mother to do?

"Well, she seemed pretty certain it was you. Why would she write me a note in your agenda if it wasn't you? Why would she lie to me about that?" I asked.

"I wasn't shooting them with a gun...."

Big sigh....

"...it was a light saber."

12 comments:

Diane said...

As a mom of two boys, I'm laughing, empathetically, of course! :)

Unknown said...

Not to sound like a big geek (which I am) but I don't think light sabers can be used to shoot people. It's sort of like a sword isn't it?

Sometimes, I'm really glad that I didn't have a boy. I do have a husband who does like to pretend to shoot things though (in public and at home)...Not sure if that's better or worse.

NatureGirl said...

Yeah...what's up? Light sabers slash they never shoot! Sheesh...

Gabe said...

oh, I think you might have a lawyer on your hands there. . .the spirit of the law instead of letter of the law!!!

Carrie said...

Oh my gosh. Story of my life! But really, even if a child was never brought up seeing guns or lightsabers etc..they would still have it innately bred into them. At least that's what I keep telling myself;)

Susan Anderson said...

Mother of three boys.

This one resonates!

;)

paige said...

TECHNICALLY...you can't shoot someone with a light saber...

mountain mama said...

he's got a point :D

Anonymous said...

A child's logic will outsmart you every time. How can you argue with that? - G
PS. The kids have agendas in Kindergarten now??

Shari said...

What's wrong with that teacher? Can't she distinguish between gun and sabre? Is this why we pay taxes?

Drew's Mom said...

Guess the kid wins on a technicality.. you can't "shoot" with a light saber.. Lol

Kerri said...

So so cute! Only a mom of a son can understand this one! :)