Friday, September 3, 2010

Spare parts?

Have you read this book?

It is such a great book! I love it. It's about a boy who finds a few pieces of his hair in his brush and becomes terrified that his body is falling apart.  If you haven't read it and do not own it, go get it. It is a classic. Okay, maybe not a classic, but it is a great book!

I feel like this guy. Due to the allergies I never had until I moved here, I have eye leakage like you can't imagine. It is driving me bonkers. My kids think I am crying all the time...though sometimes this works in my favor.

"Could you please do your homework?"
"I don't want to. It is so bori... Are you crying? Okay, I will do it."

"You need to pick up your room, son."
"Gosh, Mom. I didn't know that it was that important to you."

However, when I am at work and the deaf caller says, "What is wrong with your eye. Your wiping is really annoying me,"...not so good.

The side of my eye is now chapped so bad from the wiping that the tears from my eye burns, causing more tears, causing more burning, and so on. My glasses constantly have those little white dried tear spots on them. I have temporarily suspended all make-up application to that eye except when necessary.

I'm falling apart, people.

Does anyone have a plug??

6 comments:

Tylaine said...

Eye leakage sucks! I hate getting that little burn in the corner of your eye from wiping all the time.
That's kinda funny that you can use it to your advantage though. :)
I'm definately gonna check out that book!
Hey you should change your comment replier thing setting not to no reply so people can respond to your emails. :) (ya I'm technical like that)
It's funny how many people were into the Oprah thing. I thought forsure the "talk to much" thing would give it away!!

Mammatalk said...

Love this book. Got it when it first came out years ago when I was teaching....

Susan Anderson said...

That book sounds really cute.

And your eye thing sounds really annoying.

Hope it goes away soon!

=)

One Photo said...

I've not seen that book but it sounds lovely. Oh poor you with your allergies, I am so glad I do not suffer from them. Have you tried just putting a tiny bit of vaseline around the corner of your eye where it is getting sore? It might just help.

Unknown said...

Awww, allergies suck! I need to get this book for E, though I'm afraid she'll just rip it to pieces instead. Sounds like a funny book too :)

Teachinfourth said...

Plugs? Reminds me of that scene in Dune...