Having a dog sounded like such a great idea at first. The kids were excited, Hubs was excited, she was excited.
"Great idea my foot," she thought after she saw what he had left upstairs on her white bedroom carpet.
"Of course it would be on my side of the bed," she pouted out loud for no-one to hear.
“This is never going to come out,” she thought as she scrubbed at the spot on the worn carpet.
Just then, Rufus, sheepishly walked into the room and watched as she cleaned up his love note.
She looked up at his sorry eyes and said, "You're in the doghouse tonight, Mister."
"How about that for a great idea?"
(Participating in Jenny Matlock’s Saturday Centus. It's fun. You have up to 100 words to tell your story which must inclued the prompt. You should try it. It's a great idea!)

22 comments:
Cute story!
=)
I've cleaned up many a love note..hehe, nice one!
"Love note" - very funny. Cute use of the prompt. Kat
I hate when that happens lol. I love it.
Hahaha, "love notes"...I just love how you refer to the doggie accident as a love note :) That, my friend, is why I would never, under any circumstances want to get a dog. It's enough having to clean up the explosive accidents that my dear daughter leaves me sometimes. I'm not about to clean up the ones a dog would leave.
Hey, doggone good one!
Never thought of calling them Love Notes. I can see a cat bringing in a dead lizard as a gift of affection but a pile of poo??? LOL Too funny! Very good use of the prompt. ~Ames
very cute. most of us have been there! Nice job
Great job! Maybe I short start calling the cat's hairballs "love notes"...or not.
Hilarious! Of course it doesn't hurt that my dog's name is Rufus too! Great job with this weeks prompt! I love it!
Now THAT'S love...
Definitely identify with this one!
Definitely identify with this one!
I own five dogs.....yes, I can identify with this!!! Very well done!
One of the reasons that we don't currently have a dog - LOL. Funny take on the prompt. :)
nice take on the prompt
Aw how great! The love of a dog just can't make you cross for long can it?!
Meow!
Now that's what I call an excellent story! 'Love note'! That is exactly what it is! Most two-leggeds have trouble understand the language of others (=species).
Purrs,
Sara Cat
Sara Cat's SC Week #20
Hahaha "of course it would be on my side of the bed!"Doesn't it always feel that way? Nice job!
This is a prompt that lends itself well to a pet especially a dog as one of the characters.
Cute story. White rug. I used an antique rug. Something that should not be spilled or peed upon!
Well done!
Best wishes,
Anna
Anna's SC-Week-20
Love the 'love note'.
Love your great style of writing.
This was a fun read.
Welcome to Saturday Centus. I think we are going to enjoy reading your work!
I never thought of the little packages I occasionally receive from Honey as love notes! It's a much more clever term. I think of Honey's little packages as reminders for me......
Loved the way you put the words together and the very visual image of you on the floor on your side of the bed - fuming.
Thanks for this fun post........cj
Post a Comment