Awkward. That is how I describe myself in a bathing suit these days.
It hasn't always been like this. Back in the pre-kids days, the only thing I had to worry about in a bathing suit was my white legs. I am pretty fair. But now there is a little more of me to go around and so my swimsuit and I are more aquaintances than friends.
That being said, I refuse to let my body rule my life. I am where I am and I don't want my kids to suffer because of my insecurities with my body. So we live our lives. And sometimes that includes taking a swim...which involves a swimsuit.
A few months ago we had one such occasion. We were all getting on our bathing suits and I had just bought a new suit that was not as comfortable as I had expected. Oh well. I just went with it.
As we were gathering things I asked my kids what they thought of it.
My daughter looks at me and lovingly says,
"That's okay, Mom. There will be other fat people there too."
Good to know.
Now I feel better.
Thanks for the awkward moment, Mama Kat.)
16 comments:
Nooooooooooooo! She didn't! That's ok. One time when I was using the bathroom with my 2 year old nearby she said," Wow! You have a really big bum!"
Out of the mouths of babes...bless their hearts. I have two suits, a fat one and a skinny one. Guess which one has only been worn once?
Good for you, for living your life! I am doing the same, and loving a handful of candy corns every time I pass through my kitchen. Gotta enjoy that journey. :)
Oh what a sweetie lol
OMG LMAO! Don't kids say the darndest things?
I'm glad she was able to comfort you so thoroughly.
Kids are funny.
;)
Your little girl is so cute. She really know what to say to make your day.
Kids speak the truth in love don't they?
Stopping by from writer's workshop.
Well, at least she wasn't embarrassed about being seen with you in your swimsuit in public :)
I'm soooo glad that E can't talk yet because I'm sure she'd say the same thing to me everyday. It's bad enough that she thinks that it's funny to slap my tummy just to watch it jiggle.
Okay, that made me giggle out loud. When my son was two he saw a friend of ours (bald friend)without his hat on for the first time and said,"Mommy, Mike forgot his hair!"
What are you gonna do? Stopping by from Mama Kat's. Have a great day!
There is one thing to be said for your own young children, they will tell you honestly and without a hint of malice all that you want and all that you might not want to hear :-) But it can be a great motivator - thanks to my daughter I am now working hard to eliminate my "squishy bits" as she calls them :-)
I am trying soooo hard not to laugh. Keep the faith! Having kids IS worth it...
Don't ya love it when the call it like the see it??
Yeah, daughters are good at that!
That's a great attitude about life you have there. I love it. Well done. :)
yeah i got the 'hey look mom there are other mom's fatter than you here' hmmm that made me feel uhhh better?!
Wow, and you let her live?
LOL -- That's awful but adorable at the same time. I can 100% relate, but unlike you, I don't find myself living life to the fullest as I should because of stuff like that.
I need to take a page out of your book!! Funny post!
Newest follower here. :)
Post a Comment