Friday, November 19, 2010

Whatcha readin?

I love to read.

I am not a fast reader. In fact it takes me about 3 to 4 weeks to read a book. But I love to read, nonetheless.

Best book I have read in a long time:

I could read it over and over and over again. And have. It's a must read.

Right now I am reading this:

Should be a good one to read during the Christmas season!! Short and sweet.

What are you reading? I would love to have some suggestions from some of your favorite books.

I'm serious.

Have a great weekend!!

11 comments:

Kerri said...

I am reading PEOPLE magagzine...I know pathetic and embarrassing... but I'm just not much of a reader! Unless I find a really good suggestion...then I will read it!

Tim and Sara said...

I sobbed and sobbed through "These is My Words". Such a good one.

Lisa said...

I've been going through the classics, lately. You know, the ones they assigned us to read in High School, thereby removing all joy from the experience. Count of Monte Cristo is fantastic, and Emma, Jane Eyre, etc. I'm going to pick up "These is my words". I love to have a recommendation, as most of the recently published books I've bought turned out to be foul tripe.

Debbie said...

Someday I will be done with school and will feel free to read again, which was pretty much my full-time occupation before. Now I read articles about linguistics (interesting, but hard to discuss with a lot of people who haven't read them) and blogs (a great way to procrastinate). Way too many blogs.

Susan Anderson said...

I agree that "These Is My Words" was good. My sister, an English teacher, told me to read it a couple of years ago.

As for the other book, I'll read (and enjoy!) anything by Dickens...

=)

mountain mama said...

mmmm...i've never heard of "these is my words". i'll have to check it out.

Juli said...

I just finished "Knowing Jesse" by Marianne Leone. I'm a bit partial becasue my Almost Hubs knows her and Chris, and it is set here (obviously) so I connected alot of the dots, and knew of alot of the people she mentioned in the book. I did not expect to get as much out of it as I did. Speaks volumes of the love of a mother and the fierce determination we can have. -J

Judie said...

I love Nancy Turner's books! Have you read "Sarah's Quilt" also by Nancy? More about her family history!

I don't do a lot of reading over the winter because I am too busy creating art for the winter and spring art season. Come summer, though, that's all I do. You can see my summer 2010 reading list on the left-hand side of my blog. Just scroll down.

CB said...

I have been wanting to read "These is my words" I need to get that!

Bekki said...

Stef! Love your blog! Sure miss you guys...next time you're in Mesa we'd be happppy to have your gang stay with us! Open invitation-anytime!

Good books: A girl named Skippy by Haven Kemmel (memoir, very up beat and quirky...like you!), The Princess and the Goblin (for young readers, but very up beat as well, a fast read, your daughter would like it!), Rock and a Hard place is my next read...about the guy who cut off his own arm. I hear it's very inspiring.

Can you tell I'm into the positive books? I need a little 'up' in my life!

((hugs))

Jenny said...

I adore Nancy Turner as a writer. Her other books are amazing, too.