Until now...
Mary, over at Life in a Small Town thinks I am. Or at least she thinks I deserve this award. Sa-weet! Thanks, Mary.
Now you get to learn 7 things about me. Random things. That's just how my mind works.
I mix regular Cheerios with the Honey Nut kind so I can save on sugar. Plus I leave the Honey Nut box out so my kids think they are getting sugared cereal. Nothing wrong with a little deception.
I'm a jerk. It's true. A stylish jerk. Ask the girl who was texting last night in the middle of the Harry Potter movie. You know, the one that I paid $20 to see. After her phone's light flashing in my eyes about 20 times in the first 30 minutes, I leaned over and asked her, nicely to please turn it off. See, Jerk!
I've never made a pumpkin pie. Shocked? You shouldn't be. I've also never made lemon meringue, cherry, or pecan pies either. My mom is so good at making pies. She usually makes them all. I do, however, make a really good Dutch Apple pie. Oh, and rainbow Jell-O. It's a trade off.
I really think that Graham crackers make my children fill their diapers.
I can't walk into Hobby Lobby alone anymore. It is a requirement that Hubs comes with me. That or I can only have cash. It is a dangerous place. Especially at this time of year.
I love "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" with Jim Carey. He did an amazing job. Also "Elf." Holiday must haves. Oh, and "Christmas With the Kranks."
I make a mean English Toffee. Not mean like, "Can you please stop texting during the movie?" mean. I'm talking "Holy Cow! I am going to die right now if I don't have another piece," mean.
Now for some of the new blogs that I have found.
Our Whitehouse Cori is actually my cousin and I just found her blog. I'm a dork. She isn't. Check her out!
The Creative Homemaker This blog has so many cool ideas. I found out that she actually served with Hubs for a few months on her mission. What a small world. Check her out. She is so creative I am green with envy!
Deck the Halls of Home with Joy This blog just makes my mind explode. I wish I could do all of these things.
In the Gutter I usually end up laughing on this one.
Ooops...There Goes My Butt Is it wrong to plug my other blog here? It's my "Getting Healthy" journey. You can join me if you like!
The rest of my must-reads are on my Fav's list.
Thanks, again Mary.

7 comments:
Oh I just love reading your blog - You are so funny!
You btw are NOT mean for telling that YAHOO to turn off her phone - I would have done the same thing. My husband does this (I'm ashamed to say) and I tell him to turn off his dang phone! Ha Ha
I adore the Grinch and Elf and have already watched them several times in the past 2 weeks - and NO LIE just today I thought "I need to buy Christmas with the Kranks". It is a good one!
Will you share your English Toffee recipe? I have never made any but would love to.
Congrats on your award!
Congrats on the award - well deserved. I love English toffee and cannot find any good stuff here, but no, that will not get me attempting to make my own! I am going to try Graham crackers if you believe they have such powers!
You DESERVE an award! I love your blog...
=)
ooh i feel famous to have been mentioned on your award winning blog... I love pies.. last year when i was visiting my mom in wyoming we made a cherry and ate it all in one day.. just me and her.. yum..
my brother makes some mean english toffee.. you must be related.. haha
i love elf
i hate constant texters.. its rude..
Rock on for being noticed! Also, for admitting all of those things. You are one brave woman.
you always crack me up!
Congratulations on the award! I think I'm going to steal that Cheerios idea from you now that you've shared it :) I need to curb E's sweet tooth as much as possible.
I'm curious about the Graham crackers comment but at the same time I'm not *really* that interested in why they make your kids fill their diapers. Just forget I even mentioned it...
We don't have Hobby Lobby here but we have many similar stores. It's the reason why I don't carry a credit card anymore.
You are totally awesome and I'm so glad you won this award! :)
Post a Comment