Saturday, November 20, 2010

Turkey Run

Once upon a November, there lived a Wifey and her Hubs who couldn't have children.

"Ah!" said Hubs. "Kids are overrated. Let's get a turkey instead."

So they bought a turkey, cleaned it up, and popped it into the oven.

When Wifey opened the oven door, out jumped the turkey.

"Pardon me," said Tom T. Urkee. "I've got somewhere to go. And how!"

And off he ran.

He ran past Wifey. He ran past Hubs. He ran right out the front door.

Wifey looked over and Hubs, both totally flabbergasted.

"Well," she said, straightening her apron, "..at least he was dressed!"

Playing Centus Saturday with Jen Matlock. You should too!! 

Jenny Matlock

19 comments:

Judie said...

Run, run, run, as fast as you can! You can't catch me, I'm the turkey man!!

Unknown said...

Too funny!

Unknown said...

You are way too creative!

Susan Anderson said...

Clever take on the Centus, Stef...And I loved Judie's comment, too.

So many fun offerings this week!

I love Saturday Centus...

=)

Anonymous said...

Fun! Wonderful take on the prompt.

Kat said...

This was so cute and clever! At least he was dressed - hahaha, that made me laugh out loud. Great job! Kat

Tgoette said...

What a fresh and creative take on the prompt! Loved the last line! What a crack-up! Great job.

Teachinfourth said...

So, was this the original version?

Ames said...

How cute! Very creative! I could see if happening before my eyes!~Ames

Viki said...

OMG, this was so funny and cute. Bravo. This was the best. I loved the "at least he was dressed part" LOL.

CB said...

I thought the same thing as Judie! Very cute - great writing!!

Malisa said...

Your story had an "enchanted fairy tale" ring to it. Very charming!

I just posted my story. Please come by and check it out.

Malisa

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

This is so amusing. I could envision it as a cartoon snippet. I'm guessing this couple now believes turkeys are overrated too.
Thanks for visiting, and happy turkey time. xo

cj Schlottman said...

What an hysterical take on this most creative prompt!

My favorite line: "Well," she said, straightening her apron, "..at least he was dressed!"

Your concrete images make this piece jump off the page!

Great, just great..........cj

Jackie said...

cool story :)

paige said...

This is the best one I've seen. lol.

I tagged you in something a bit ago. You don't have to do it but it's questions about you and, well, I like answering questions about me. :)

Anonymous said...

Too good! :)

Jenny said...

What a fabulous use of this prompt.

Great, great story.

It reminded me a bit of Grimm's Fairy Tales...I could see the couple dressed in old fashioned clothes chasing him down the winding streets of a medieval village.

Really neat use of the prompt!

Unknown said...

Very funny story with a touch of a nursery rhyme to it.
Nice job.
Best wishes,
Anna

Anna's SC wk 29