It's "Find My Butt Friday" over at my new blog Ooops...there goes my butt. Come join the fun!
Speaking of losing my butt, I made cinnamon rolls today.Yup, that's right. I actually baked up some yummy goodness. Well, I am assuming they are yummy.
I didn't get to eat one.
Not because I am trying to lose weight. C'mon! That's not enough to keep me away from a piece of Heaven.
Nope. The reason I didn't get to have one was because I let my two little rascals help me.
"Let me measure that."
"I want to pour that in!"
"Can I stir it, Mommy?"
"Just one little taste? Pleeeeeease?"
As wonderful as it is, and it is, it also about doubles the amount of time. Time well spent, if you ask me. Problem is, I had to work tonight and if I waited for the rolls to be done, I would have been fired. Okay, not really, but you get the idea.
See the sacrifices that we moms make. For what? So that our kids will look back with fond memories and say....
"Wow! Mom was in a really bad mood when she left."
8 comments:
You crack me up. Consistently.
=)
You really are soooo funny while still painting an accurate picture! Your kids are darn lucky to have such a patient and wonderful mother!
LOL! I usually didon't get to eat a lot of stuff I make because of 3 boys who were in the house, 4 counting my husband! Now I try not to make it since there's only the youngest left.
This seriously made me laugh out loud. You must have your hands filled with your kids! I can barely manage one :p
I'm your newest follower by the way!
http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/
It's like you live in my house... :)
Too funny! Well now you have more things you can hold over your kids when they're older :) Not that you would because you're a wonderful mom, right? :)
You are so funny. Sorry to laugh at your pain. :)
I remember those days, the gazing in the mirror, the permed hair, the panty volleyball shorts. I can't believe you went to practice, you were one tough cookie. I'll let my fifteen year old read this. She has come close I'm sure.
Dana
Post a Comment