What do you want to know?
No, really. I have a whole other blog full of ideas I can write about, being married to a Deaf man and all. But sometimes I forget things that are different about Hubs and I because I am living in it... everyday.
Are there questions you have? Things you have wondered? Things you are just plain curious about? Bring it! Ask it. Go ahead. Just do it.
Yeah, I know I am totally bailing on you tonight. But I am out of gas.
I love my children to death. My death. I love seeing their faces everyday. But I'm ready to not. See them. Every hour of every day. Yeah, I know. Lay on the mommy guilt. That's okay. I am so there. Five days, people.
Five days until I wish I could see their faces every minute of every day. But until then, I am out of ideas. Out of umph. Just plain out.
So give me your questions. Your curiosities. Your nosy-ness.
Ask away.
12 comments:
With 5 kids to handle, how do you ever find the time and energy to...ahem...have bedroom sessions with your Deaf Man?
Have your children learned sign language automatically or have you had to actively teach them? Do they ever use the language to speak to each other in a way their friends can't understand?
How do you think they experience having a father who is deaf? Or do they just take it for granted? Do their friends have trouble relating to your husband since they cannot easily converse with him?
See, I'm nosy enough, aren't I?
;)
Do your children's friends sign to him?
Oh my gosh I can answert that last one. Ella signs to Bry all the time. It's just not real signing! haha Poor guy. Anyway The first question made me laugh too and I really need to know that one seeing as #5 is on the way. Please give lots of details there. ;-) I am so hearing you on the 5 days left. I hope I can make it. I am checking out several good crazy houses, just in case.......
He Stef! Just wondering if most of your close "couple" friends are mostly hearing or deaf?
Back in the day, I had a t.t.y....but I bet now with texting you don't really need to make many phone calls. Do you and hubs text a lot?
Was hubs born deaf? Does he use his voice at all? Okay, that's all I got!
I love these posts that you do and so does my husband.
I do have a few questions:
Have you found that more people in your life have learned to sign? Your family? Your friends?
Do you have some kind of a system like if you run out of toilet paper. Instead of being able to yell out the door "hey honey can you bring me some TP we're out in here - do you flash a light or something?"
You talked about being able to (or not being able to) portray accurate feelings when you are signing for your husband. Have you found it hard to communicate your own true feelings through signing. I mean, I find it hard to sometimes get the point across to my husband when I am yelling and pounding my head into the wall - I was thinking how much harder it would be if I had to sign it. You know the whole Mars vs. venus thing!!
BTW you are awesome! Just thought you should know that!!
Oh just thought of one more. Do you sometimes cuss at him if you are mad because you know he can't hear you?
I don't have any ???'s. I just wanted to say hi! Hope you're surviving the last of summer!
Was there someone before Hubs that sparked your interest in ASL?
Sue nailed my question.
However...
There were times that I got tired of signing with my friend, Roy. People wanted me to translate and I just got tired. Does this happen with you sometimes, too? How do your kids relate to having to interpret as well? (or do they?)
Do you every get exhausted signing? I think how often I talk to my husband in complete rambling and I wonder how that same experience works for you because you have to make so much more effort...
Does he ever just close his eyes when you get ticked at him? I wouldn't put it past him! HA! Miss u guys!
Post a Comment