My drink. My coke. My not Diet Coke.
You see, I really like Diet Coke. I am not addicted. I am not. I am....not. Whatever! So I have decided to give up my non-addiction this week, proof that it is the end of the summer and school starts in 5 days and I have lost all reasoning.
But tonight, I am really tired. And I can hear it...calling my name. So I go to it. See, not addicted. At. All. I pull up to the Circle K, walk right up to the fountain and fill 'er up. I proceed to the line and take a swig.
This is not Diet Coke. Oh, no. I can tell the difference. And this is not what I came in here to get. But maybe I am wrong. (hahaha...good one.)
When it's my turn to buy the drink, I didn't want, I say, "Your Diet tastes like
"Oh, yeah. Someone hooked up the regular Coke to the Diet and now we just have to wait for the
That's it? No, "We are so sorry, ma'am. This one is on the house." or "If you want to go and choose a different drink you can." or "Yes, I know we are incompetent and don't understand the difference between life saving Diet Coke and wouldn't feed it to my dog Coke."
Nope. Just "That will be $1.07. Would you like your receipt."
I, the non-confrontational wimp-O that I am, picked up my I-will-never-be-addicted-to drink and left. Disappointed. Annoyed. A little sad.
Silence.
It should have been free!!!!!
11 comments:
im feeling a bit sad for you.. i understand your feelings completely.. all except i would be crying if i had diet coke touch my tounge.. ick..
that stuff gives you cancer..
grandma welch loved coke.. lets make her proud..
i went to a circle k.. one thats been here forever.. scarey part of queen creek.. i almost left and went to qt because im pretty sure no one has wiped off the ice machine.. dust bunnies forming.. it was gross.. but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do plus they have the styrofoam cups.. a must to a beverage
Where has good customer service gone? How come they couldn't hold the button on the machine until all the coke was out and then taste it to make sure???
Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery!!
So rude...a polite apology sure would have made all the differnce, right?!
Come see me if you need to soda "counseling!"
I probably would have left it on the counter and said , "Oh Hell I don't want it". Then I would have driven around till I found another competant place with workers who were more polite. Then I would have written a letter to the manager of Circle K complaining about not having diet coke and about the rude employee. I would have also demanded free coupons for 10 free diet cokes in the future for wasting all my time and gas.
OK I would have wished I did all that - paid for it, and walked out and drank it. sigh....
Oh Steff-this is where we DIFFER! I would never have paid for it. You silly, silly, girl--why didn't you say something????????
I think you should have left it on the counter.
But I'm guessing your non-addiction wouldn't let you?
;)
Yep... I would have done the exact same thing. I was born spineless, when did yours hit? ;-)
BTW, you could salvage that non-diet drink by adding some sugar-free vanilla syrup...
Did you seriously just call my fully caffienated, fully sugared Coke, Dog Coke? I'm reconsidering our friendship! ;)
But then, what were you doing at Circle K? Everyone knows the BEST and most reliable fountain drinks are found at McDonalds!
Oh Stef, that makes me hurt inside. We must go shopping together and I'll teach you the art of complaining and standing up to the cashiers!
Um. No.
That kid would have been draining that hose for me until I got my Diet Coke.
What if you had had Diabetes and went in for a Diet Coke and got regular, inducing a sugar coma?
Really. Not only would it have been the right thing to do to get you the correct drink, on the store's part, it would have been the safe thing.
Really. They could be sued for something like that.
PS. Glad you're not addicted, as you can see from my reponse, I totally am. And need one right now. :)
Thanks a lot. Because of your visual, I now have to go to Sonic and get me a "not addicted to" Diet Coke, too. With lime. And extra ice. And then I might as well go to Target, since it's right across the street. DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU'RE RESPONSIBLE FOR?! Criminy! It's gonna cost me a lot more than $1.07!
Post a Comment