I have the house. All to myself. For 3 days. Hubs took all the kids up north to hang out with cousins. I will head up on Wednesday morning. So if you are planning on breaking into my house and killing me, tonight would be a good time.
I'm just saying.
So what am I going to do? With all that time?
I could play Super Mario Brothers for hours and hours. Without advice from my munchkins.
I could buy all the junk food I wanted and not have to share and rent all the movies I haven't watched but wanted to.
I could invite all my friends over and we could trash the house...no, wait. The house is already trashed. Nevermind.
But what am I going to do? Really?
Read. ("The Help" by Kathryn Stockett...so good!!)
Sleep in.
Read.
Eat.
Clean. Clean some more.
Work. (That's the reason I got to stay here...)
Read.
Clean.
Lunch with a friend.
Clean
Sleep.
Doesn't that sound great? I think it sounds glorious. Cleaning, with no-one behind me messing up what I just cleaned. Reading without interruptions. Sleeping until I wake up...on my own. Eating what I want...as many gross veggies and chicken cooked how I like. And only one plate to clean.
I will miss my family. A little. Okay, probably not. It is only 3 days, after all. I was feeling a little guilty for being so excited about the whole thing. But that guilt didn't last long. maybe a minute....or less.
Ahhhh.
What are you doing this week?
12 comments:
OMG! You could clean AND still come home from your trip up north to a clean house! :)
I will be cleaning up puke. And climbing Mt. Laundry. And running Oldest to the doctors. And filling perscriptions. And listening to the "ohmyGodIamgonnadie!!!!" whine played on perpetual repeat. I'm thinking it would have been easier to go to work than get the doctor's note to stay home with him for two days.
But on the plus side... I'll be home. With plenty of time to finish up all the last minute wedding stuff I need to be in the house to do. Stuff like finishing my dress so I am not naked in the gazebo, printing pictures for the place cards (cute idea, WAY too much work) and finalizing with the train company.
I used to love having the house to myself for a few days. It was heaven!
=)
Yes! Three glorious days alone in the house sound wonderful! I would do everything you listed!
I had this same gift given to me I March. As much as I may envy you today, I know what joy you're going to have. Enjoy, and think of me once!~
Sounds heavenly...Enjoy! :)
I think it is great to have the house to yourself!! I do exactly the same things you are planning.
It usually happens not very often so do not feel guilty just enjoy the heck out of it!
Sometimes I fantasize about being completely alone for like, 4 hours. What a dream.
ME TOO! ME TOO! But I have FOUR days! Aaaand...I don't have to work! I KNOW! I've slept in, chewed and spit about 20 gumballs, drank a couple of Dr. Peppers, eaten a guilty Crown burger and fries, shopped the hell out of TJ Maxx and watched a bunch of Project Runway. I might just go buy "The Help." Heard so much about it, and need some more crap food to hoark down, so thanks for the idea. ENJOY, SISTER IN ALONENESS!
I agree, it sounds absolutely glorious! I read The Help, what a wonderful book.
Next week I probably wont be working and if not, while my kids are at their dad's, I'm running away from home! I'm going to my best friend's house & we're going to the beach. I can't wait!
Cleaning a house and having it stay clean, sounds wonderful!!!!
Enjoy your time away...heaven knows that there is often never enough of it. As for inviting killers over? Wow, you've sure got some gumption, don't you?
Wow.
Double wow.
I'm doing much the same this week. My husband took four girls to Portland, Oregon for a fun trip, my boys are at grandma and grandpa's and so I'm home with two little ones, catching up on things and trying to enjoy the peace and quiet.
Post a Comment