In the past this has worked out great. That was back when we actually remembered to put the phones on their chargers. Back when child number one was excited about answering the phone. Back when actually talking to a person was important.
For whatever reason, this time around it was so hard to get hold of my kids. I would call and no-one would answer. Hello!! There are five of you there who can hear!!
I finally caught them Friday morning about 2 minutes
About 10 minutes later I get a text from Hubs to call Briggy. Super!
I call. No answer. I call again. Nothing.
I text Hubs, "Hey, Briggy doesn't know how to answer the phone. You are going to have to answer it for him."
Hubs: "Okay. Go ahead and call again. We are ready."
I call. No answer. I call again. No answer.
Me: "I am calling. You need to push the 'Talk' button, then hand the phone to Briggy."
Hubs: "Did you call? Call again. We are waiting."
I call. No answer. I call again. Still no answer.
Me: "Where are you? I have called and called. Do you have the phone with you? Are you watching it? Do you see me calling?"
Hubs: "I'm holding the phone, in my hands, but it didn't vibrate when you called."
This was funny to me for two reasons. What house has a phone that vibrates? Does yours? Not mine. But Hubs wouldn't know this because he NEVER uses this phone. Why would he? I mean really. Except when I need him to answer it and give it to my child....and that has happened once. Last week.
Secondly, he was holding the phone. In. His. Hand. And he still didn't know it was ringing.
If that ain't Deaf...
...I don't know what is.
8 comments:
lol, thats funny! :) how much effort it takes to answer a phone.. In our house its usually the Crappy tmobile service that stops us from connecting.
roflmbo ok does your phone not have caller id on it that lights up when the phone rings?? If not m aybe you should invest in it and umm why didn't the baby hear it ringing??
I love the way you deal with these So I Married a Deaf Man posts.
Always a perfect blend of love and humor.
=)
Oh i love the humor in this! You are a funny funny girl.
I am giggling on the inside and out. :)
And I have a phone that vibrates... my cel. :)
Too funny! Maybe you should go and invent a vibrating home phone :) Still, I can't believe your hubs, with the phone in hand, was waiting for it to vibrate :) That must've been quite a thing to witness!
I'd never have thought of him waiting for a home phone vibrating, but, when you think about it, it makes so much sense! This is soooo funny! Thank goodness for texting :)
omg i am laughin so hard i'm crying. my kids think i have officially gone off my rocker b/c i can't even answer anyone to let them know why mommy is laughing ha ha
gosh i love ur family!
Post a Comment