Good golly, Miss Molly! It has been a while.
I am invigorated! I am renewed. I am fresh. (Don't tell Hubs.) Isn't it amazing what a few days away from responsibility can do for a mother.
I don't hate my children. Quite the opposite. Love them dearly. To death. Mine. But it was so nice to not have to make snacks, or lunches, or worry about homework, and Scouts and piano lessons, and birthday parties and...and...and...
It was glorious!
I now have myself a notebook filled with quotes,a mind filled with goals, and a heart filled with God. Who could ask for more?
Ummm...that would be me.
Remember, even though I was away from kids, it wasn't a week for sleep. Oh, no. I was with my mom and my sisters, and it was pretty much a late night every night.
One night, I think I made it to bed by 1am only to receive a text from Hubs at 5:30. In. The. Morning. What was so important that it couldn't wait until awake time? "I'm going to buy Brody a baseball mitt." and ""We caught our third mouse." Really? No, really? 5:30am.
His defense? "I thought it was 6:30am." That was his defense? He should have just plead guilty.
The point of this tangent is, there was very little sleep.
So, on Sunday night when I do my usual Sunday night 5 minutes lay-by's (I lay [lie?] by each child for about 5 minutes), I crashed in my daughter's bed at about 8:30pm. I briefly woke up at 2:30am to use the restroom and learned that Usama bin Laden (I always thought it was Osama, but whatever) was gone forever. Then I headed off to bed...again.
I slept until 6:30am.
That is 10 hours, people. Yes, I know. Hubs would call me lazy for lying (laying??) in my bed doing nothing. But I can't tell you how much sleep...real sleep... long hybernating sleep...did for me. I was able to get so much done today, I amazed even myself.
You should see my bathroom.
11 comments:
I LOVE to sleep, and there is nothing like crawling into bed when you're super-tired and snoozing for as long as you can.
In fact I think I'll go do that right now!
I'm glad you had a good time.
Time away from the kids and sleeping 10 hours in one night. I am jealous.
Nothing goes right when you don't have enough sleep. And nothing gets done quickly either.
I'm glad you got some sleep and had lots of family time...just for you!
10hours?? seriously?? Man I need a getaway and I would so beat my hubby if he texted me at 530 in the morning..
I am trying not to covet that time you spent with both sisters and spirituality.
So glad you got a big dose of both!
=)
PS. And sleep is overrated anyway. Especially when you've just had a good night of it... ;)
I haven't checked in with you in quite a while, and boy have I missed your posts. You're great!! Good for you for sleeping ten hours.
I'm wondering why we didn't hook up there at the Women's Conference~I'm assuming that's where you went, as I cam back with the very same experience. :) Good for you for lying in bed, doing NOTHING! That's what bed is for. Well, unless you ask our husbands, but whatever. :)
Welcome back! I'm glad youhad a terrific time! There is never enough time for sleep.
Welcome Back! Glad you had a great time!!
I would love to see your bathroom, mainly because I am afraid to see mine.
Seriously, between the allergy season, PMS, and general life... I can't get anything done. :)
We have a sisters' weekend every fall, but it's never enough time!
Post a Comment