Sunday, May 29, 2011

May cause hair loss

There should be a warning label on Avatar: The Last Air Bender movie.

And this is what it should say: MAY CAUSE HAIR LOSS!

I know this for a fact because it happened to me. Okay, not me but to my child which is almost to me. Let me explain.

Last Saturday night, my kids watched Avatar: The Last Air Bender. Not a bad movie. They loved it. Especially my boys. They loved Aang...this guy:


Pretty cool looking hairdo, yeah?

On him.

Fast forward to Sunday morning, about 20 minutes before church starts.

My 6 year old comes down the stairs and asks if I know where his hoodie is. I'm a little distracted trying to gather everything I need to entertain my children at church so I holler over my shoulder that I think it is in the garage.

Thankfully, I happened to look up on his way in and notice something strange going on in the front of his hair.
Can you see it?

No?

How about now?
"Come here for a sec. Your hair looks a little bit.... **gasp** What happened to your hair?" I asked.
"Ummm. Nothing. It's fine. Nothing happened," he fibbed.
"Um, yeah. Something happened. You shaved your head. In one spot. Right in the middle of your head. That's what looks like happened. Do you want to change your story?"
That is what happened. Somehow he got into the clippers and decided on the shortest setting, aside from scalping mode.  
"Let's just go to church. We can take care of it afterwards." was his solution.
"No. This is definitely something we have to take care of now. You will thank me later." 
So a word of caution: If you are going to watch the air bending Avatar, hide your clippers. 

You may not be able to resist the urge to Aang your bangs.

11 comments:

Haute Deb Designs said...

Oh, Stef, I would DIE!! What goes through their heads?! Crazy kids :)

Ninny said...

Is that your first hair cutting experience with your kids? If so you are truly blessed. I think EVERY one of my kids have done it and if they have not then one of the other kids did it to them! LOL

Susan Anderson said...

heehee

I love the haircutting episodes of childhood.

=)

Juli said...

At least he didn't take the Sharpie out and give himself the tattoo. :)

"Ange your bangs"... priceless!

Jen said...

Oh no...that goes much further than dress up and pretending. At least it is summer and a buzz cut wouldn't be so bad...and I agree with the tatoo comment. Funny...kind of...after the shock anyway.

Teachinfourth said...

So, is he the last Airbender?

Kerri said...

Oh no! Thankfully my guy has never tried this! At least school pictures aren't next week! I agree with Jen, a buzz cut will be perfect for summer! :)

CB said...

Ha Ha Ha - He did a darn good job if I do say so!!

P.S. I loved that movie but my son had to explain it to me :-D

Tiffany said...

I was just thinking the other day, while my husband cut my two year old's hair, that in almost thirteen years of parenting and five children, I have never had a 'hair-cutting-episode'!! I better go knock on wood!!!

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

Love this post. It reminds me of my eldest's own hair experiment when she was five. I had forgotten.
Now all we need is an after picture!

Unknown said...

Oh my... I had to try really hard to keep myself from laughing out loud at work when I saw that picture! Well, look on the bright side, at least he didn't cut himself with the cutter, right?