Wednesday, May 4, 2011

If it wasn't for the CHEESE

I once liked this guy....

He would look for me after class.

He would ask me to dinner.

He invited me to watch basketball game at his house. Who cares that I don't really like basketball. At all. Least favorite sport to watch....okay, not totally true. Wrestling is number one. Basketball is a close second.

Then I invited him to dinner at my house. My sister and I made enchiladas. They were so good! Way better than basketball. He took one bite and proceeded to rave about how great it was. He took another bite, this time leaving a dangling string of cheese on his chin. My sister busted out laughing so much that she had to leave.

I noticed her, then the cheesy chin and then tried, unsuccessfully, to suck in my cheeks and not laugh. I would have said something to him immediately, but my sister had made it extremely awkward to do so. I eventually told him that he had a dangler.

He got real quiet after that.

He didn't call me after that. He didn't look for me in the halls. He didn't invite me to his place.

I guess not everyone likes enchiladas.



Linking up with Jen's ABC Thursday and MamaKat's Writer's Workshop.

25 comments:

Unknown said...

Alright that made me LOL! It's his loss- enchiladas rock! ;)

Alison said...

Hahaha! Hilarious. I can just picture that cheese dangler.

Dominique Goh said...

I love enchiladas too.. they are so yummy!!

Jessica said...

Cheese danglers are bad but not bad enough to stop eating enchiladas.

jfb57 said...

A great fun post! I've done that too!

Leah said...

Awww, how awful! Young boys and their egos! Geesh!!

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

You made me laugh. I thought you were going to talk about another 'cheese' and the male of the species.

Unknown said...

Hee. He's such a weenie. Scared off by enchiladas and a piece of silly cheese hanging on his chin. Well, at least you didn't make him cry when you told him about the cheese. Now, THAT would have been awkward....but funny too :)

Susan Anderson said...

That kid needs to get over himself!

;)

Bees With Honey said...

Cute story! I guess the guy's embarrassment was too much for him to face you again.

Funny story!

Theresa Plas said...

LOL! Not everyone can handle an enchilada dangle free:)

H said...

Ooops! In our house, it would have been a shirt full of spaghetti bolognaise!

Christine said...

Enchilades are the best, especially seafood ones.

Anonymous said...

A needs to be able to get passed a liitle cheese.

Anne said...

Aw the poor guy! A cheese dangler is pretty much a deal breaker....talk about a cheesy crush!

Juli said...

Almost Hubs and I had our first date. As we sat down to dinner, I said staight out..."I'm warning you now that I have horrible table manners."

I don't, but it set the tone for the rest of the evening of not having to be on our best behavior.

Now I'm just happy if no one "cuts the cheese" at the dinner table. :)

Juli said...

Almost Hubs and I had our first date. As we sat down to dinner, I said staight out..."I'm warning you now that I have horrible table manners."

I don't, but it set the tone for the rest of the evening of not having to be on our best behavior.

Now I'm just happy if no one "cuts the cheese" at the dinner table. :)

Joy For Your Journey said...

Oh that is so sad!! I feel bad for him. It sounds like he was a nice kids and then got so embarrassed. Hopefully though he learned to handle those things better in life as I am sure he has had more than one "dangler" to deal with since then. :-)

Paulette said...

How rude! What's a little enchilada cheese...you sure he didn't die of mortification?

Thanks for sharing! Visiting from Mama Kats

RNSANE said...

Too funny. You really know how to hurt a guy. I wouldn't let dangly cheese embarrass me if I'm getting fabulous enchiladas. I'd just swoop it up and put it back in my mouth.

RedTedArt said...

Chuckle! Love the dangly cheese! Poor guy!

Maggy

Ingrid said...

Thanks to the enchiladas you escaped the wrong guy ! a man without humor is to be avoided, lol !You were lucky !

Mari's World said...

Am I the only one feeling sorry for him? He was crushed, devastated and left a loser. Poor guy, if only he'd have been a bit braver but TWO girls laughing at him? :( I hope he feels better now

Catherine said...

I just laughed right out loud! My sister and I are prone to giggle fits, still.

Jenny said...

Ha! I love this story. His loss. Geez. Just think, he's probably still missing the true joys of enchiladas!

What a cute story!

And a cute link to Alphabe-Thursday!

Thanks for the smile.

A+