One more day. That's it folks. One day.
No, not until the end of the world. In case you missed it, that was last Saturday at 6pm EST. However did we all make it past the end of the world? We must be the righteous ones.
One more day and then summer officially begins; at least in my house. Summer is not measured by any solstice/ Neither by warm weather, for that matter. Good thing, too, because this year it would have been impossible to tell. Our summer starts the day school lets out and ends the day it reconvenes.
Technically, my kids' last day of school is Tuesday because we are making up a snow day. But I personally think that most teachers are praying that none of their students show up. And so I am taking it upon myself to be the answer to at least 3 teachers prayers. What a giver. I know.
One more day until total craziness goes back to the everyday craziness. I tell you, these last few weeks are wearing on me. And this week especially. I can barely take a breath. Places to go. Things to do.
And wouldn't you know it was this week that the monsters under the bed decided to come out. In full force. And apparently it is the week for midnight bloody noses.We've had a few of those. Accidents.
The other night I came home and checked on my kids only to discover that Brig, my baby, was poopie. Not just poopie. More like "if-this-stays-on-your-rear-one-more-minute-it-is-going-to-blister" poo. It was at that moment, 12:45am, that I thought, "Why do I have to be a good mommy? A bad mom would just pretend she didn't smell it and move on to sleep. But I am not that mom." Dang it!
I guess sleeping isn't vital to my existence this week.
One more day.
I can make it one. more. day.
How much longer do you have?
10 comments:
I don't want to gloat, but...
;)
Until June 10th! Ugh!
June 10th for us....we're counting down the days!
What are you guys up to this summer? Any fun plans?
Ah, the days of blistery poop on baby's bums...I don't miss them. I'll join you in the chaos, as today marks my daughter's last day of 5th grade. She's mourning. But not as much as me. :)
The kids last day in the school system I work for was last Friday...they've been out a whole week already! The school system where my son goes to school got out on Tues. Yeah for summer! :D
We have til June 20th. But for us, it just marks the start of summer camp since I work all year long.
We have some day trips planned as always, but for the most part, it's the standard chaos around here. :)
Here in Northern Canada the kids attend until June 28th. We can't wait, it seems so far away. Especially when I'm already reading all these great summer-fun posts!
Dana
Our final day was Friday...I got an email on Saturday from a student who wants to come back.
Yeah, I'm pretty awesome.
The Grands were out as of last Friday. I'm already tired!
Hope your Memorial day weekend is going wonderfully.
Post a Comment