Sunday, May 16, 2010

Twisty ties and grocery bags

I don't think I have met anyone who doesn't like a khaki skirt. You can wear it to a reception and look nice, or you can wear it at home and be comfy. You can pretty much wear it anywhere. I think the word people use would be versatile.

Well, Drama Mama from The Scoop on Poop and Gabe from In the Details  both gave the Versatile Award to little old me. I am proud to be in the same group as khaki skirts, plastic grocery bags, and baking soda. I am a go-with-the-flow type girl. I think you kind of have to be with 5 kids and half a mind. Mostly I am thankful that there are people who like to read my blubbering. 

Now you get to learn a little more than you wanted about me.

1. I don't always wash my fruit. "Gasp." "EEEK!" "What kind of mom are you??" I am the kind that thinks a little bit of germs can only make you stronger. Let's just say, my kids are pretty tough.

2. I refuse to wear clothes with flowers on them. Once in a while I will wear a skirt with tiny flowers, but that is as far as I go.

3. Chewy candy makes me gag. Jelly beans, gummy bears, Swedish fish...ewe!! If it weren't for those dang chocolate Cadbury eggs, Easter would not even tempt my diet.

4. I totaled one car and almost another one in an 8 month time period. Let's just say I was having a bad year.

5. I love Sonic ice... I think the official name is rabbit turd deli ice. When I was pregnant with my 3rd and 4th babies I couldn't get enough of it. Why can't our freezers make that kind of ice? Surely there is someone out there who could do that??

6. I hate have issues with cats. It's not that I am afraid of them, I just don't like them much. So sorry if you love them...I mean no offense. It may have started when I was 5years old and fell asleep with gum in my mouth (orange Trident) and I was headed to my parents' room and our cat Midnight blocked the way, hissing at me and scaring me to tears. That and we had some pretty crazy cats growing up. I don't like them rubbing against my legs, jumping on my lap...and the claws.

7. I have to sleep on my left side. I wasn't always that way. I used to sleep without a pillow, on my belly with my hands under my thighs. But after being pregnant 5 times and being forced on my left side, I just find it the most comfortable position to sleep in. 

Now, I'm supposed to pass the award along to 15 more bloggers that I have recently discovered and then let them know about their award. However, I haven't been blogging that long, so I will share with you some of the more recent blogs I have found and really enjoy reading.

The Adventures and Misadventures of Daily Living

live and love...out loud

Better in Bulk

The Family Trifecta

Coffee Lovin Mom

If SHE can figure it out...

You have all joined the ranks of twisty ties, laundry baskets, and reversible jackets.  Congratulations and thanks you very much!! Have a great week!!


10 comments:

Coffee Lovin' Mom said...

Thanks so much! I enjoy your blog too!

Adrienne Brown-David said...

Oh my gosh, I LIVED on Sonic ice with my last baby. I had to have it everyday!!!

Unknown said...

I was going to give you this award but my sister beat me to it!! ; )

Sonic is the BEST!

NanaDiana said...

I found you through my daughter, If She Can Figure It Out- the Brat (or Mimi as I call her)! The title of her blog came because I started a blog and she said IF YOU CAN FIGURE IT OUT ANY IDIOT CAN DO IT! So, as you can SEE, she figured it out.. Anyway, reading your blog sounds much like my life when Mimi was little along with her siblings. Now, I have their kids around and THEY are even crazier. I've had fun reading here and I'll be back......Nana Diana

Teachinfourth said...

Thanks for the award…I'm flattered.

Even if I didn't get it, I'd keep coming back.

The Drama Mama said...

You are so very welcome. I love your facts about yourself. We have a lot in common.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the award!
I'm like you about washing produce. I don't make a big to-do about it - I mostly just run it under the water for 1/2 a second and then it's done. I think I only do it because if I do end up getting sick, someone can't say to me, "See! You didn't wash your fruit!" Chances are we will get sick from a shopping cart handle long before the fruit does us in! - G

One Photo said...

I love this post. I never wear skirts, I just cannot get to grips with them and either wear pants or for something smart a dress. Cadbury mini-eggs are one of my major loves and I stock up like crazy on them before Easter every year and am still working my way though this year's horde! Now I have to and read the blogs you recommend here.

Congratulations on yet another very well deserved award

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud said...

Haha! I love softdrinks from Sonic specifically because of their ice. I don't wash my fruit either. And... I have to sleep on my left side! I've been doing that since my last pregnancy. :)
Thanks so much for the award Stef. I'll put it in my trophy case and link back to you. :)

Kristi, Live and Love...Out Loud
@TweetingMama

Amy said...

thanks for the award :) you are so sweet. i'll post it shortly.

no flowers huh? now i need to go look in my closet. i can think of one thing that has flowers on it and i've worn it once in the last 18 months.

Thanks again for the award!
Amy, the Family Trifecta
@familytrifecta