Monday, May 17, 2010

LOL or Brutal Honesty....You decide....

I have this game that I love to play. Sadly, no-one else likes to play it as much as I do.You know, the kind of game that you always suggest, but everyone else just rolls their eyes and continue to choose something else. RUDE!

With that introduction, you and I are going to play the game. Stop rolling your eyes. Come on, try it. 

The name of the game is "Would You Rather." I am going to tell you which choice I would rather do, and why. Then you get to do the same. If there is enough interest in it, we can set up a Mr Linky. If not, then I will add you all to the list of people who hate my guts would rather play Scrabble.

Here we go......

Would You Rather...

Be forced to laugh in the most inappropriate situations
-OR-
have to say everything that is on your mind?

Hmmmmm........... Think of your own answer now........................
.....................
(Jeopardy music playing) ........................................................

Times up (Actually, you can walk away from your computer and stay away as long as you like. So time is only up when you decide to come back. Just thought you should know your options.)

Can you imagine

There you are,  in the middle of a wedding and the preacher asking 
"...let him speak now of forever hold your peace." 

"Bwahahahahahahahahahaha....oh, oh, so sorry. Hahahahahahahaha."

Imagine the stares. I think that would be the last wedding your were invited to.

OR
You are sitting in a movie about the Holocaust and the SS just brutally killed the main character's wife.
"Giggle...snicker...louder giggle...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA."
See the awkwardness of that whole situation. 

That is why I would choose to say everything on my mind. 

Sure, there would be a few uncomfortable situations...

"Who told you that you looked nice in that outfit." or
"You really are the worst human being I have ever met." or
"You have put on a pound or two or fifty. What happened?"

Yes, there would be some of those moments. But I am a strong believer that we have the ability to control our thoughts and I think if I worked at it, I could make myself ONLY think good, positive thoughts. So I choose the later of the two.

What about you

Which would you rather do??

9 comments:

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud said...

Although laughing is one of my favorite things to do and life is just not worth living without laughter in it, I choose to be completely honest. Honesty is important in all situations, but I also believe in sensitivity as well. So, I'd be honest in a sensitive way. lol (Can you tell that I hate confrontation?)
Thanks so much for stopping by an dcommenting on my Baby Sign Language post. Have a great day.

Kristi, Live and Love...Out Loud
@TweetingMama

paige said...

I'd choose the laughter. I'm not a nice person in my head sometimes and sometimes it'd get me in more trouble than laughter. My future mother in law - she thinks she allergic to cooked cheese even though she eats cheese out of the fridge all the time. And she tells us. ALL THE TIME. I wouldn't want to have to tell her what's on my mind at those moments. "You're a crazy old bat and that outfit doesn't fit you. Stop wearing so much perfume..by the way - YOU'RE NOT ALLERGIC TO CHEESE YOU JUST DON'T LIKE IT. Stop attention seeking." Gosh. I think I may have just saved myself 10 years of therapy with this comment. Thanks, DR. Stef. I think I also may have proven how much therapy I actually need. I'll bring a long my mom in law.

Taking It One Step At A Time said...

At first I thought definitely the laughter, but after thinking about it for afew minutes I would like to change my mind. I think that if i had to say EVERYTHING that I was thinking I would start to guard my thoughts. There really is no need for some of the horrible things I think..(especially when in a bad mood)...and knowing how those words would hurt if spoken, hopefully I would change the way I think:)

I think that's a great game Stef.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I REALLY appreciate it.

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

ok this sounds soooo uncomfortably fun!
i'm game....
and i'd have to choose to laugh...b/c i can't speak my mind...i'd start crying probably!

If SHE can figure it out.......... said...

I guess I would rather laugh (and in fact, sometimes I already do, like at my grandma's funeral when my sister was allergic to the flowers on the casket and she couldn't stop sneezing and I couldn't stop laughing at her). - sometimes the things I'm thinking are just plain wrong. I might offend too many people. P.S. thanks for the award! I'm working off to my blog to write!

The Drama Mama said...

I think I would rather speak my mind. I pretty much do for the most part anyway, LOL.

Shari said...

It makes me physically ill to think of laughing inappropriately at things that could hurt someone. Gimme that mind-speaking thing, girly!

Annie @ astonesthrowfrominsanity said...

I think that I am pretty honest already, and my mouth gets me in trouble every so often, so I guess I pick laughing at inappropriate times. Wait! I have already done that too if you count laughing in church and at a funeral inappropriate, that is. :) fun question! BTW- if I didn't have to pay a ridiculous amount to terminate my account with Verizon, I would get the iphone tomorrow.

Amy said...

i'd have to go with the laughing at inappropriate times. i'm not very good at controlling my thoughts and i'm sometimes rude and judgmental - so it is good for me to have a filter :) but, maybe i'd do better if i knew everything on my mind would be verbalized.