Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I've been everywhere

Randomness...why is that we like it so much? Maybe it is because we all have days like that...when our mind just won't stay on one track. Maybe because that feels like a reflection of how our life is going..all over the place. Or maybe it is because we can get to know a little more about the other person when you see how their mind works...or doesn't in some cases...ahem.

So today, here is a little more randomness for you all. It's the Random Dozen from 2nd cup of coffee. I thought they were fun and I am all about fun!!

1. What is one really fast, know-by-heart "go-to" meal to fix in a pinch?
Pancakes...homemade pancakes. I don't think that my children even know it is supposed to be a breakfast food. We usually have it on Sunday nights, but it isn't limited to then. It is easy, it is versatile and it is yummy.


2. What is one item you won't leave home without? (Purse and license do not count.)
Okay, so I am assuming clothes don't count either because there is no way I am leaving without those. Scary...very scary. So I guess I would have to say....children. Unless there is a babysitter, and then there is pretty much NOTHING that would hold me back! Nothing!!

3. Where is one place you never tire of visiting?
My bed. That place is my dream. But if we are talking about outside my home here, I would say my parents' home. I love it there. It is such a safe place for me and my family. About 4 years ago I went through a bout of depression and my mom's house was such a refuge for me. PLUS my kids love their G-ma and G-pa Lee's house. They know they are loved there. Hubs too.

4. Share one factoid of your family's history.
Factoid? I just learned what it meant. Like a fable or tall tale (in case you didn't know either.) Not sure about that one, but my great great great...etc grandfather was John D. Lee. So what, you say? Well, he is the guy who was blamed for the Mountain Meadow Massacre. A black spot on the Mormon history. Yup, that is my blood line. Gulp.

5. Complete this sentence: "Once upon a time I ...."
Once upon a time I was young and skinny and clueless. But now I am older and unskinny and still clueless. Point of the story, chocolate really isn't your friend...it only makes your butt big. DRAT!!

6. If you could win a one year's supply of anything, what would it be?
Milk. MILK. Do you know how much money I spend on milk? Probably enough to buy myself my OWN cow. But then I would have to deal with more poop and I think that at this point I have enough poop in my life. So, though it isn't all that funny or exciting, milk is what I would choose.

7. "One quirky thing you may not know about me is ...."
I would say that I like to have my bed made up perfect. It doesn't always get made, but if it is gonna be made, let's make the sheets straight. None of this lopsided unevenness. Don't mind if my kids beds look like that, but not mine. Either make it right, or don't make it at all.

8. You have one dollar in your pocket. What will you buy?
The key here is trying to figure out how I got that dollar in my pocket. My kids are very good at pick-pocketing. (Is that a work). And Hubs is always looking for an extra dollar. So if I actually got out of the house and past the mob with a dollar for myself, I think I just might go to Sonic and get myself an ice cream...and not share with anyone. Because I am that kind of mom.

9. "One thing that always makes me laugh is ...."
...my Camden's laugh. He has got the best laugh for a little boy. I am not sure he is going to love it when he gets older, but it is just so contagious. Maybe I will put it up here sometime. But guaranteed, if he is laughing, everyone around him is too.

10. What is one thing you could do today to help yourself reach a personal goal?
Tape my mouth shut. That would help me with two of my goals: To lose weight and to stop yelling at my kids. But that may hinder the whole talking to my kids goal and also eating more healthy. BUT if I ate everything through a straw that would work. AND I could help my children brush up on their signing skills. So duct tape it is! (Duct tape...another thing that is very versatile.)

11. What is one thing you could do today to bless someone else?
Read number 10.

12. What is one thing you're looking forward to soon?
I am giving my niece a bridal shower tonight. It should be lots of fun. But the thing that I am looking forward to most is her red face. She is a straight arrow kind of gal and nighties are definitely things she isn't used to. So that will be so much fun!

And here is a random picture to close things up!


Didn't you know? Mullets and pink ties were really cool back when I was in Jr. High.

7 comments:

One Photo said...

Just love it! You will have to put Camden laughing on your blog - everyone could do with being made to smile and laugh once in a while!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

for some reason my mind was in the toilet..but almost every answer had to do w/the bathroom...
#3 bathroom
#6 toilet paper.
needless to say in a house w/6 that's my quiet place haha

Tylaine said...

So funny! I love #10. Now that would be interesting. :)
Very Cool Picture...lol

Shari said...

That was very funny and the picture... well, what can I say? Uh... nice pink tie?

Amy said...

love the picture!

i would love to get milk free for a year. Ivy is on lactose free and i feel the need to go organic for both girls. Scott and I drink skim and the girls drink 2%. So 3 jugs of milk in the fridge at all times!

i never leave home without my cell phone. if i do, i'm completely lost!

SouthLakesMom said...

Love your answers and the photo! I saw your profile that said your husband is deaf. My grandpa was deaf and my mom said they used to ask permission to do something from him and then they'd just mouth the last few words and he'd say "okay" rather than admitting he had no clue what they were saying. Funny thing is - now my husband does the same thing and he hears perfectly well -- he just doesn't tune in!!!

I looked up John D. Lee since I live in Virginia and only Robert E. Lee is a saint out here (ha ha). Seriously though, I think the wikipedia photo of him shows a family resemblance in the hair . . check it out! Grins and smiles, SLM

paige said...

OH, NO. I once threw up at a girl scout meeting. On the table. I know...GROSS. I will never forget it. I was mortified. I told them I was sick and they didn't believe me. I was 8.