Wednesday, May 12, 2010

S.W.A.T. moves

I was running....running late. I got off work at noon and had to pick up 3 kids from 2 different places and get home before 12:15. No matter how much persuasive power I used on my clock, time just wasn't going to slow down for me.

About halfway home, my phone rings. It is home.  Kobe was calling to see where I was. I told him to lock the door and not answer the phone unless it was me because I would be home in about 10 minutes.

His response, "I don't need to lock the door, Mom! I know SWAT moves."

Hmmm, exactly what are SWAT moves, you ask?

According to Kobe, this means taking the intruder's arm, and twisting until it breaks.

OR

Grabbing them by the shirt, body slamming them to the ground, kicking them in the "you-know-what" and then punching their face.

OR (my personal favorite)

Grabbing the bad guys hand and forcing their fingers into their mouth, causing them to gag and throw up. (Because, apparently, there is nothing worse than throwing up.)

As comforting as it was, knowing that Kobe would be able to take any intruder out, I told Kobe it would be better if he just locked the door, and kept his life-saving moves top secret until special forces called needing his assistance.

3 comments:

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

♥ boys and their imaginations!

i always tell mine...don't open the door for anyone...
their response

"well what if it's you" ugh! thanks guys!

One Photo said...

Just wonderful! I love how he has thought out all his moves in advance and is ready and willing to strike!

Teachinfourth said...

Isn't it amazing just how powerful kids really think they are? I told my dad that I could just 'beat up' a kidnapper when I was about 10 and that there was nothing to worry about.

He showed me just how powerless I really was.

That was a wake-up call.