You ever wake up Monday morning
And want to go back to sleep?
I look at the lists I've made for myself
and I want to lay down and weep.
My husband, the student, has finals again
both papers are due the end of this week.
One that is 15 pages, the other is 10
We won't even have time to speak!!
You see, he graduates this weekend
It's amazing and wonderful and great!!
His parents are coming to stay with us
and it's the preparations that I really hate!
Theres piles of laundry all over the place
You can't even see the floor.
Dust on the windows, dust in the blinds,
Compared to a beach, we've got more.
Toilets, oh toilets, you're looking so bad
You've taken a beating from my little boys
Then there's the playroom atop of the stairs
It's been taken over by millions of toys.
My windows are covered with hand prints,
so much you can barely see out.
The bikes, the balls, the chalk, and the jumpropes
lay on the porch, scattered about.
The trampoline is missing a whole lot of springs
We've got to take care of that.
I can imagine the horror, in my mother-in-laws voice
When my baby falls through and goes "Splat!"
Mopping of floors, washing of sheets,
wiping the crud off the walls.
Cleaning the fridge out, the dang microwave
Vaccuuming bedrooms and halls.
Where is my spoonful of sugar,
The one that will pick up my house?
Ahhh, that's what I thought, there is none,
So I roll up the sleeves of my blouse.
I'm proud of my super smart husband
and for him I will work like a slave.
So he will know that I love him,
I'll work myself into my grave.
Why did you roll over this morning?
Spit it out, come on, do share.
Because despite what others may tell you
Your blogging friends really do care!
Have a great week!
13 comments:
I got up because my two year old was caling for "Mama! I have handprint everywhere too.
I got up today because my two year old was banging on the wall and screaming mommy. I had a list today too but nothing got done. Oh well there's always tomorrow. Congrats to your husband. That's awesome. And PS I love the homemade gifts too. They are the best.
You are so creative!!! How cool!
I really try to not make Mondays too overwhelming, but usally i do have a lot to do. Today I have a lot of laundry. Everyone said to not do it yesterday and I didn't, but wish I had, since now there is a lot!!
oh i rolled out b/c i'm trying to get lily off the morning boob..i mean i don't know why since she takes it all the time anyways...but i want a morning break. so i hopped up before she heard me and ran downstairs. yes bad mom!!
on to the congrats...congrats to ur hubs
3rd...ur described my house but minus the trampoline
Love your poetry. Very impressive.
I jumped out of bed with my babe, and it's now 6 pm and I'm ready for bed. Quick FHE and I'm outta here.
Nice, Stef! You're a poet and oh how you know it. Baby...:-)
This is a great poem! I wish mine were this clever.
Well done to hubby!
I love popping by your blog. It always makes me smile.
Rolled out of bed this morning because if I didn't my 6 year old was going to be late for school.
Congrats to your hubby :)
Cute poem! Congrats to your husband!
Hey I left you a little somethin on my blog :)
CONGRATULATIONS!
I know you've been both waiting for this day for a very.long.time.
Congratulations! To him for getting through it, and to you for GETTING HIM THROUGH IT!!!! Yeah!
And this was super cute and a lot of fun to read!
Wonderful news - you must be so proud of your husband and he equally so of you, for all your love and support that has enabled him to reach this point.
Lovely post - wonderfully written and heartfelt as always
Glad you just got up…and survived yet another day.
Post a Comment