I recycle because I am tired...AND... because funny doesn't become UNfunny with time.
So enjoy this RE-post!! (It's one of my favs)
Last night, my Camden chose a book for me to read to my kids before they went to bed. He chose "The Kissing Hand" by Audrey Penn. This is one of my all time favorites. It is about a mommy raccoon and a young raccoon and his first day at school. The child doesn't want to go to school, he wants to stay at home with his mommy and friends and play. The mommy tells him that we all have to do things we don't like sometimes.
She then tells him a secret that has been passed down in her family. She takes the child's hand and kisses the middle of it. She tells him that anytime he feels lonely or sad, he can put his hand to his face and he will feel her love fill him up. The child likes this and is satisfied.
Now it is time for the raccoon to head into school. The mom is feeling sad, so the child runs back and kisses his mom's hand so that she can feel his love, because we all know she is the one who really needs it anyway.
Such a sweet story. I don't mind reading it over and over to my kids. So last night as I was reading it, when we got to the kissing hand part, I kissed Camden on the hand and he smiled. So sweet.
Then it was time for the raccoon to go to school and he kisses his mom's hand. Camden grabs my hand, spreads open my fingers, leans in and....
SPITS!!
Lovely! I looked down at the puddle of spit in my hand, wondering what I should do with it. Definately I wasn't going to be putting it to my face so I could feel warm fuzzies.
I must say, however, that that little act of kindness made me laugh all through the night and all day today. I laughed so hard I got the hiccups. His spit was so much more effective at making me smile than a mere kiss on the hand would have been...by far!
Nothing says "I love you" like spit!

7 comments:
The book sounds really special. I think JDaniel would either leave a sweet kiss or a huge puddle depending on his mood.
Thank for stopping by.
You should have put it on his face so he could feel warm fuzzies!
That is the sweetest thing! I've never heard of that book, but I need to tell my 4 year old that.
We love this book at our house. I read this to them before they go to a class, or sunday school.
WOnderful choice.
Thanks for putting it up there.
That is such a cute gesture...albeit a little strange but cute nonetheless.
I've never head of that book. I must go investigate now!
What a funny memory that will always make!
It could have been much worse…vomit or poop.
I'd count myself lucky.
Post a Comment