Monday, May 3, 2010

Honestly?!

I can't sleep in my undies.... Let me rephrase that. I can't sleep in ONLY my undies. I am afraid that if there was a fire I would simply grab my kids and run out the door...only to look down and see that I am in my skivies. Silly, I know, but it is true.

I once accidentally pushed a piano onto my 14 month old child. Not many people can say that....Not many people SHOULD say that. Don't worry, I will share that post on another day.

Out of the 11 years I have been married, I have been pregnant or nursing for 7.6 of them.

I hear that most men pee in the shower. My hubby does....Does yours?

I hate grocery shopping. Really, Really hate it! Such a huge undertaking. I have to make a menu, then the ingredients list, then check to see what I need, then go to the store and spend my life's savings, then load it into the car which happens to hold a few bikes, water bottles, not quite sure what that thing is. Then I have to take it home and unload it, clean out my fridge (because I never do that BEFORE I go to the store), unpack it. Then I have to defend my food so kids and hubby don't eat what is needed for the menu. Sigh. I hate grocery shopping.

I LOVE the High School Musical Trilogy. Did I just say that out loud? Heck yes!!

I have to sleep with something on my body (like a sheet or blanket), and nothing on my feet. Unless it is really cold, then I just put socks on.

My hubby and I dated 2 weeks before we got engaged. Two months later we were married. Booyah!

My dog thinks that my flower bed is his designated digging area.

Why so random, you ask? That's just how I roll. That and I got another award. Yippie!!  And it is the much coveted:
Thanks Nolie!! Whoever made up this award, should totally win this award. Who comes up with a name like that? Too funny! So above were the 10 random things about me. Probably more than you ever wanted to know.

Now for the awards...

Seeking the Sunlight (My college roomie...lots of good stuff here!)
Earth Mother  (Always get a good laugh here.)
Aging Mommy (Good read!)
From 3-5 (Just found this blog that makes me smile.)
Life is a phoenix (Love reading her blogs...chuckle chuckle)
The Girl Next Door Grow Up (Always a fun read here.)
My Little Miracles (Great blog)
A Stone's Throw From Insanity (Enjoy her humor!)

I know, there is only 8 links there...instead of 10. Again, my counting abilities were lost after the first 3 children. So sorry. Enjoy visiting these sites. They are great!

While you are here, tell me 10 random things about you. That way I can know who my stalkers are...or at least a little more about the people that I stalk!!

12 comments:

Lisa'sLettersandLace said...

How wonderful, great award. I actually came over to see what you have been up to, I love your humor and totally relate. I can see you have had to make all those links and reward others so I won't make you do it again. I will, however, check out your list of bloggers. I will have a list as well made up today if you are interested in visiting some crafty people. Blessings, Lisa

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

ok i'll have to forward you my post i did a year or so ago...(could have been yesterday for all i know) about my 50 random facts...top that! ha ha kidding! took me weeks to come up w/50 things...

as for the naked part...or undies for you...i can't sleep naked either...against my hubby's wishes..ha ha b/c get this...i can't fight naked. i mean is someone breaks in i can't fight w/no clothes. then again the swinging cow utter (as i call that lovely skin that doesn't go back after having kids) or the milk jugs swinging..or stretch marks might frighten them to death...so it could be a weapon!

Adrienne Brown-David said...

1. I like to squish floral foam between my fingers. I can 't pass it in the store without swiping a tiny piece (does that make me a thief?)
2. I'm a book hoarder.
3. I think people with manicured nails don't do anything...ever.
ummm...that's all I can think of....
4. I too, have been pregnant or nursing almost consistently since 2001 (I did get a short break in 2005)

stephanie said...

i absolutely hate grocery shopping too! hate it. for too many reasons to list.

also hate cooking, cleaning, laundry. however, never met someone who actually likes these things.

maybe the cooking thing. i would like it too if i had food and wine magazine, knew what all those obscure ingredients they list actually are, an enormous grocery budget, all the time in the world and no kids whining and pulling on my legs while trying to cook gourmet! is that too much to ask?

One Photo said...

Hi Stef - thank you so much for this award! I so love your blog so to receive this from you is an honor. Great post today. It is nice to get to know a little bit more about you. If it is hot I sleep naked but STILL have to at least have a sheet covering me, can't sleep without a cover. How weird is that? I can't believe you married your husband two months after you started dating - you must both be decisive people, something I am definitely not!

jen said...

I'm with you and the grocery shopping thing. My goal this summer is to learn to cook and shop. That's a good goal. I've only been married 21 years and mothering for 19. It's probably time, don't you think?

Shari said...

thanks, mama!!

paige said...

You are one of the funniest people I've come across in the blog world. I love this blog. And I love a chance to tell people random things about me. Thank you for that chance. And being funny. :)

Amy said...

i am truly laughing quietly in my cubicle. What random fun things to share. I agree with you on undies and High School Musical. On the other hand I love grocery shopping - as long as I have time to do it slowly. Hate it when I'm rushed.

Amy- www.familytrifecta.com

Annie @ astonesthrowfrominsanity said...

Oh sweet lord! Do you think that maybe we were separated at birth? Seriously. I could have written that list. Grocery shopping? Hate it! HSM? Love it! ( Have all the songs memorized much to the chagrin of my hubs and my daughter!) And, let's just say, since I nursed my kiddies well over a year, I calculate that I have been pregnant or nursing 8.5 years out of 10. This is why that I have decided to forgo my daughter's college fund to instead contribute to a necessary boob job. Thanks for visiting and thanks for my award! Smooches!

Anne said...

Love your blog! I am now a follower ;) Will be back!!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

Hey...the sloppy joes were great!
I like it b/c it sits in the pot for 4 hrs! :o)
Just Perfect Sloppy Joes

3 lbs ground beef, browned and drained
1 onion, finely chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
28-oz can tomato sauce
¾ c catsup
3 T Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp chili powder
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp garlic powder
8 sandwich buns, split

Combine all ingredients except sandwich buns in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours, or on high for 3 to 4 hours
Serve in sandwich buns (we always top with a tad of shredded cheese). Serves 8.