Bathrooms....such a wonderful invention. Especially the indoor kind. It can be a place to rest, to read, or to merely do your business. With a small push, all things ugly are flushed into an unknown, undisclosed place. Pretty much THE best invention of this century.
Mommy...what could be better? A nice soft person, who will pretty much take care of all your needs. She will bath you, she will feed you, she will read to you. And even she will wipe your bummy from time to time. One of God's greatest creations, wouldn't you say?
For some reason, when the two are put together, children can't stay away. It is like mommy IN the bathroom is a child magnet. You can sneak away when no-one is looking, you can lock the door, you can run, but you can't hide. They will find you. Oh yes, they will.
This is the typical happening at my house. It doesn't matter if they are in the middle of a movie, playing Lego's, or sleeping. It is like there is a special bell that goes off that only children can hear. Dogs may also hear it, but it has yet to be determined if the dog is simply following the children or if he can hear the bell as well.
However, yesterday an odd thing happened. I went to the restroom, closed the door, sat down, and that was it. No-one came knocking at the door, no-one found a key or a knife or a coin to unlock the door. All was silent. "How nice," I thought.
How nice, indeed, until I came out and saw what my baby had done.
My bag, which I refuse to call a purse because only old people have those...(yes, I know..I am so not hip...and I'm okay with that..)...had been left on the chair. While I was enjoying my little get away, (how sad is that?) my baby decided he was going to go through it for me.
There are a lot of unnecessary things in my bag. Really old receipts, candy wrappers, programs, socks, toys, tampons, you name it, it is in there. But there are actually some pretty important thing too. Money, my wallet which holds the credit card, debit cards, check book, the ONLY pen that I can ever find that works. AND it holds the key card that gets me into my work.
So I come out and realize that he has decided it was time to clean out mommy's bag. Papers everywhere. Wallet open and cards flung all over the floor. Where is that pen!!! I collected my things and was putting them back into their place when I noticed that my key card was missing.
I have looked high and low...mostly low because he is pretty short. I have looked EVERYWHERE.
***Insert my own annoying voice saying, "You haven't looked everywhere because you would have found it." ***
It is nowhere! NOWHERE! I cleaned and looked. I searched the garbage...that was really quite fun, let me tell you. Toy boxes have been dumped, cushions have been moved, sand castles destroyed. The next option is to sift through diapers (he would have choked on the card before he could have digested it, but I put nothing past that child.). Nowhere, people! Nowhere!!
Big sigh!!
Why couldn't he have just followed me into the bathroom? Where is that bell?
Enjoy your weekend!
11 comments:
JDaniel loves to do this to my purse too.
Hate to say this but . . . when one of my kiddies took something , it usually ended up in the toilet. Flushed. Hope you key card isn't down the drain. :)
What are his favorite things and where does he keep them? Try looking there, or anywhere you can remember him having as a "special" hiding place at any time - my daughter has quite a few. Failing that, have you tried just asking him?
I hate it when that happens. . .you will probably find it as soon as you try and get a new one from work. That's what usually happens to my hubbby:)
Hopefully, your weekend will go a bit more smoothly!
That was hilarious. And good luck to you. Did you check in the DVD player? Mine always tries to stick other things in there . . ..
You should come check out Mom Loop at http://theblogfrog.com/1362952. It is run by 5 mommy bloggers. I am one of them.
I love this posts and all of the suggestions in the comments. Funny!
I'm in my thirties and my mom still tells stories of me following her to the bathroom.
I am so glad you commented! My husband learned ASL on his mission and I was in the program at BYU. We met interpreting there. What an amazing family you have...the cutest kids ever!
Oh, the joys of kids. And the bathroom.
I am so glad that the baby gate we put up ends just before the area where the bathroom is. (yea, layout of the home in Japan is fairly different from the US)
Of course, E gets into my bags (and I have a lot) all the time. I think kids just enjoy taking things out just for the sake of taking things out. It's something I will probably never understand.
And I totally sympathize with you on the lost pen. Our kids really have a way of losing something in the house and driving us crazy. Even if we searched every crook and nanny, they still manage to lose it in that special black hole of theirs.
don't know how i missed this one!
i should have added that to the list (mommy potty break magnet)
but how true...i mean on one hand we want that quiet sneak away alone time...but then we're worried b/c the kids are starting to figure out..."hey we've got 5 mins to create as much havoc in the house as we can"
Post a Comment