I considered myself a nice person. Still do.
But junior high seems to bring out the worst in all of us. At least it did with me.
It all started with a haircut. Mine. It was cute. Short. Perm-y. So of course my best friend decided to get her hair cut like mine. Perfect. Now, because we both had the same haircut, we now owned the haircut.
Or at least that is how we acted.
Another girl who hung out in our group saw our haircut and decided she too wanted it. Without asking our permission, she cut it. How rude! How unoriginal!! How unacceptable!!!
So we did what any jerky junior high girls would do: We kicked her out of the group.
I know. That is so horrible. And mean. And petty. And embarrassing.
I can only imagine how horrible she must have felt. And I caused it. Over a haircut. That I copied from someone else.
I pray no-one does this to my daughter.
Yeah, that is one 7th grade memory I wish I could erase.
2 comments:
I think we all have memories we regret from 8th grade. It goes with the territory. I hope your daughter is spared.
Such a kind age, isn't it?
Surprising we all managed to survive it!
=)
Post a Comment