Thursday, May 5, 2016

Things I've learned ...

...talking to multiple customer service representatives.

I am just going to put this out there for those of representatives who are confused.

The word is ask.
A-S-K

Not aks.

I know some people struggle with that as it is a very difficult word to read, sound out and pronounce. 

But here's a little trick I use. Just remember, the soft "sssss" sound comes before the hard "K" sound. Kind of like it's spelled. If you can remember that, you should be okay.

And since you are a professional in a profession where you use the word ask often,  for example when you say, "I am going to need to ask you some questions for verification," and the like, you probably should know how to pronounce the word correctly.

It might help to write the word  ASK down on a sticky note and put it on your computer screen. Maybe consider writing it on your hand with a sharpie marker and practice pronouncing it correctly on your breaks. Heck, maybe your co-workers will join in.

Look at that, a win/win!

Remember ASK not AKS.
S before K.

Just trying to help. You're welcome, World.


***Next week we will work on saying library, and not libary.

No comments: