Wednesday, May 4, 2016

It's a jungle out there

I don't usually mow the lawn.

I have a husband who loves to take care of lawns. Plus I have 5 children, 4 of who are male. With that much testosterone under one roof, why would I ever mow a lawn?

Why indeed.

Well, yesterday I did it. I mowed. Truth be told I had an overwhelming desire to turn my feet and toes green. Mowing the lawn in my sandals seemed the cheapest and most convenient way to satisfying that desire, so mow the grass I did.

And I have my green toes to prove it.

I know how to mow the lawn. It's not to hard. Mow in a straight line. When you reach the end of grass, turn around and repeat. Keep repeating for 30+ minutes until there is no grass left. Kinda like shaving your legs.

Except easier.

Like I was saying, I know how to mow a lawn. However, when it comes to "edging"...yeah, I don't do that.

But from the looks of it, neither does anyone else in my family.

Wait, that isn't true. My husband knows how to do it. He's actually really good at it. Remember he loves lawns.

So I am not quite sure what is happening with our "edges!" It's quite hilarious and embarrassing all at the same time. The lawn is beautiful! Short and green....well, it does have a few dandelions scattered, thanks to our friends who like to share. We love them. Really, we do.

Side note: They also have a dog who likes to leave us surprises for us. Sometimes they are small and you don't see them until you have stepped on them. But other times they are big...impossible to overlook. End side note.

Despite those few distractions, it is beautiful. But we no longer have edges. We have jungles...that almost come up to my knees. You can no longer see the nice rocks that we have lining our house. Or the low growing flowers for they are hidden. Protected. Blocked out.

 At this point we can no longer call it edging. It had now become weed whacking.

And I am a pro at whacking.

1 comment:

Terra said...

Enjoy your weed whacking and your green toes.